Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to drive my car to England for me

Options
  • 05-01-2021 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there a trucker forum or similar where I can get in touch with someone who can drive a car from Ireland to England for me? My partner and I came over on the ferry in November but now need to get back to England. He’s had to go visit a sick parent in London and can’t get back due to Covid and passport expired and I have no license. Not sure where to find a truck-less trucker to get on the Dublin-Liverpool ferry with my car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

https://eirtrans.ie/

I thought there was a service with the ferry company you dropped the car off and collected it. I've seen advertisements where you collect you buy an English car and collect at Dublin docks. presume you could do the reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Seatruck offer this service too, pick up in Liverpool or Heysham.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kstar

Thanks for this, can't belive didn't think of Seatruck! Just need to work out how to or not to declare the luggage in the car I was advised to contact a border agent.

Eirtrans.ie was a good shout but they are not offering this for a few weeks until the brexit hangover subides (VAT, levies etc)

Advertisement