Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East coast blackout from space

Options
  • 28-08-2003 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Old news, but take a gander...

space.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

That's a fake one. Look how black the NE is compared to Northern Canada / the sea etc.

blackout-030814-15-nyc-s.gif

A big difference between before and after, but the area never approached anywhere near completely dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

mmmm, thought it looked a bit too perfect and polished for a sat image.

But.....still gonna post it out to people saying....ooo look, but hah, its a fake because of this that and the other, bet ya did'nt know that. yadda yadda...sad

Umm, sad, yeah. I was merely being informative. Next time I'll pepper it with lots of :Ds and :)s.

I thought it was interesting, and that's why I posted it. No offence was meant and I'm sorry that you took that from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

NO ya got me wrong, i'm the sad one. Did a project last year in Satellite Comms, learned alot, or so i thought.
    Geostars are digital communication messaging and navigation satellites, not imaging devices

...from that forum

Originally posted by Ebonyks
    Did a project last year in Satellite Comms, learned alot, or so i thought.
    The nerd in me is going "oooh, interesting" :D

TBH I never even noticed the remark about the GeoStar. I suppose most of us have the stereotypical view of every satellite having cameras trained on earth. Some of course with lasers.

I can just imagine Sky Digital HQ..

"Quick, 43 Parkway St are getting in NTL. Arm the laser.."

• Advertisement
Advertisement