Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many cigs a day?

Options
  • 27-08-2003 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

not sure if this should go here or after hours so here'll do. out of curiosity, how many cigarettes (hate calling them fags, such a skangerish word) do you smoke a day?

How many cigarettes a day? 60 votes

20 or above
    0% 0 votes
    10 or above
    25% 15 votes
    5 or below
    16% 10 votes
    i hate smokers!!!
    13% 8 votes
    atari jaguar (meh)
    45% 27 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

None - Smoking Kills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Usually between 10 and 20. Sometimes more. Stacks more if I'm drinking.

Oh and thanks for letting us know denis_o_leary your contribution is no doubt invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

don't normally smoke, but if i'm fairly langered :) usually about 5ish sometimes above. go team death. ooo so that's what those messages on the packets are trying to tell people. My favourite is "Smoking cause Impotence" or maybe I was just drunk when i saw that, oh well :P let me know if it's real :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Between 10 and 20 depending on what I'm doing. Usually smoke heaps in the pub, but can't even look at a smoke if I'm in any way hungover.
    Originally posted by BoB_BoT
    My favourite is "Smoking cause Impotence" or maybe I was just drunk when i saw that, oh well :P let me know if it's real :)
    From the box in front of me: "Smoking may reduce the blood flow and causes impotence"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

15-20 a day, usually the latter. I WILL give up soon though (albeit i have been saying this for about 2 years but i dont care..:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i used to smoke around 25-30 everyday.
    I'm of them two months now :p so zero a day now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

none and never will

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Usually about 20 but this can jump to 60+ if I'm on the tear. Sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Was 30-40 a day, easily 40 then on a night out (as in when I start drinking), I smoked 140 at witnness friday night to saturday morning.

I quit cold turkey six weeks ago. Haven't looked back since.

I still harbour a dislike of people who have never smoked and fell the need to nag at every opportunity(If there is anyone here who does that let me tell you it has the exact opposite to the desired effect)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Only about 5, but Im an underage smoker :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

i dont smoke and personaly the though of it makes me sick.

Could someone who smokes please tell me the attraction that made you start, cause any time i tried i nearly puked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

<i dont smoke and personaly the though of it makes me sick.

Could someone who smokes please tell me the attraction that made you start, cause any time i tried i nearly puked!>

.. take these signs as a warning ... getting hooked ( after all it is an addiction to nicotine ) takes time.
    it depends on what age u start really .. peer pressure for me was a factor. i would cringe now thinking I thought it made me look cool .. at 15 I kinda did think it improved my social image.
    none of my mates were into any sports so that was possibly another factor.
    another thing is that because they seem so unpleasant at the start ( this is an allan carr idea ) people think they can give up easily .. then they become hooked.

I was told to give up by a doctor about a year and 1/2 ago .. lasted 4months (until wittness2002 ) and have been back on em since. intend to giev up soon.

I smoke about maybe 3 in the evening time during the week and

when out on a weekend night i will smoke or give out a box of 20.

( i will accept smokes if offered on a night out or in work during the day too )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Smoking and most smokers make me sick!
    what i really hate is having to put up with the stick of my cloths after i've been around smokers for a night.
    they should just Fúck off and continue killing themselves on their own time*

*this does not apply to all smokers, some are quite considerate and i'd like to thank you.

i'd guess that many of the reindeer section are smokers ... in fact most muso types i've met/know are smokers :)
    although at least they have the consideration to make decent music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

I was very bad until bout 2weeks ago,
    I was at 30-35 a day and way more when im out but not iv cut down to 25ish 20..
    which is ok im on the road to giving up:)..

Im only 18 [im gonna die soon:/]

cartman

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

I don't smoke - never have, never will.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cigs, ack!!!
    evil things they are and god will strike you down for smoking them, you just don't know it yet...

My dad used to smoke 30+ a day for 30 years then he gave them up and continued to work in a pub for another 20 years or so.
    Don't know how he stuck it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Cabaal
    My dad used to smoke 30+ a day for 30 years then he gave them up and continued to work in a pub for another 20 years or so.
    Don't know how he stuck it!

Fair Play to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

maybe 1 or 2 every now and again, so per day on average maybe .1, i dont find them addictive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

20 a day, but when I'm drinking that could be an additional 20 - 40.

My current pack is one of the cool ones, that says 'Smoke containes benzene, nitrosamines, formaldehyde and hydrogen cyanide'

Don't exhaust fumes contain all those as well??

BAN CARS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

People generally drive cars outdoors, not in small enclosed areas like pubs and offices and such.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Stephen
    People generally drive cars outdoors, not in small enclosed areas like pubs and offices and such.

True, but you still have to breath in the **** if your on a bike behind a car/truck.
    Does wounders for your lungs I'm sure...

maybe 1 or 2 every now and again, so per day on average maybe .1, i dont find them addictive
    ... l3rian

i thought it was now commonly accepted that nicotine was a highly addictive substance .. maybe thats just anti-smoking ( or pro-smoking ) propaganda.

it is very possible though that you are not addicted yet ...

ps: haven't smoked yet today ... on page 30 of allan carr .. go me!

Advertisement