Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of the 'Irish Roots' column...

Options
  • 30-01-2016 1:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just spotted this on Twitter
    If it is the end of the column in the Irish Times I sincerely hope John is keen to continue his wonderful musings elsewhere.

More here.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Looks like he'll continue on his own site. He also said the whole Irish Times ancestors site is under consideration.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Looks like he'll continue on his own site. He also said the whole Irish Times ancestors site is under consideration.

if the Irish Times Ancestors site is discontinued, I hope he manages to transfer the useful details to his new home - the civil Parish maps, surname distribution maps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VicWynne

This is not good news at all. I hope he manages to transfer it from the Irish Times to his own site as Shane said. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Disappointing decision. I will follow Mr. Genealogy wherever he goes! :) Not physically of course, I have no intentions of stalking you Mr. G!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

That's a pity. It's a great resource and the column is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

A bit more on the future of John's IrishAncestors database from Claire Santry.
    John says the amicable divorce will see IrishAncestors remain in its existing space as part of the IT until April-ish. It will then re-emerge in some form, probably on John's existing website, immediately after.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement