Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure top of pillar

Options
  • 16-01-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My pillar (square concrete shaped) is detached from the pillar below if that makes sense! It’s quite heavy so won’t really budge. I would however like to secure it permanently. Are there any products other than sand and cement that could do the job?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Is it the capping ?? A picture paints a thousand words :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Is it the capping ?? A picture paints a thousand words :-)

thanks. Yes it’s the pillar cap that lifts right off. Sorry didn’t have the correct terminology!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

A bit of expanding foam will glue it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

enricoh wrote: »
    A bit of expanding foam will glue it

Careful with that... expanding foam does exactly that...expand. It could push the capping off completely.
    I'd be inclined to look into some kind of liquid cement or resin that could be fed in using something like a mastic gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mfceiling wrote: »
    Careful with that... expanding foam does exactly that...expand. It could push the capping off completely.
    I'd be inclined to look into some kind of liquid cement or resin that could be fed in using something like a mastic gun.

I believe he was talking about stuff like this rather than actual expanding foam.

https://wolfhounddirect.com/products/sealants-adhesives/tec-7-foamtack-adhesive-foam-750ml?gclid=CjwKCAiAuoqABhAsEiwAdSkVVALUc59YoI1bke-i4eyHT81_SQCZ9twYm4X7FIP3EjJCqTqr6NB4cBoCfIQQAvD_BwE

This won't expand. It expands when sprayed and is crushed when the time is put against the substrate.

Then it sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

listermint wrote:
    I believe he was talking about stuff like this rather than actual expanding foam.

Expanding foam is a great adhesive if you are quick it doesnt expand ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

Expanding foam is a great adhesive if you are quick it doesnt expand ;-)

Yup, less is more! I used it before no bother anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Tec 7 . The pillar will fall down before the cap comes off again

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

dok_golf wrote: »
    Tec 7 . The pillar will fall down before the cap comes off again

Brilliant:) thank you. That’s good enough for me.

Advertisement