Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming up.....David Blaine will levitate.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I still am kinda head scratching what that was all about?

Novel enough but ..... not Houdini either.

I like Blaine, but he has done a lot more than that before.

I was expecting more drama. ( or more Margot Robbie ? Heh heh heh , sleazy emoji face ).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I still am kinda head scratching what that was all about?

Novel enough but ..... not Houdini either.

I like Blaine, but he has done a lot more than that before.

I was expecting more drama. ( or more Margot Robbie ? Heh heh heh , sleazy emoji face ).

It was an ok stunt. But it was a stunt that pretty much anyone with the resources/appropriate team and preparation could have done - there was nothing about it that made it unique to him. The two hour buildup was far too much (dipped in and out of it).

Thought it was hilarious at one point where one of his crew brought him a laptop while he was getting suited, to show him the landing zone. He acted like he hadn’t even considered that he’d have to land up until that point, and kept asking questions like “so how will I recognise it from the air” as if it was the first time he was looking at it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

jaxxx wrote: »
    WTF did they use to record the video, a toaster?

What the EFF?

Maybe YT did mad compression on it in 2007 when it was uploaded? Or maybe they had slow computronics and internets so had to dumb down the pixelification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

It was an ok stunt. But it was a stunt that pretty much anyone with the resources/appropriate team and preparation could have done - there was nothing about it that made it unique to him. The two hour buildup was far too much (dipped in and out of it).

Thought it was hilarious at one point where one of his crew brought him a laptop while he was getting suited, to show him the landing zone. He acted like he hadn’t even considered that he’d have to land up until that point, and kept asking questions like “so how will I recognise it from the air” as if it was the first time he was looking at it.

I don’t know what it is about him or his personality, but he always comes across like a guy who just swallowed 6 xanax and hasn’t a clue what day of the week it is.

He was on Joe Rogan last week.

Frank interview, worth a look.

interesting dude.

I have not seen this one yet. But I was told he did the "swallow a frog" trick on this.

I have been doing a similar trick for a few years now.

Without seeing the interview I can tell you right now - during the "trick" he brings up so much water he needs to pour it into another bucket - which will amazingly be _just_ out of sight for a few seconds.

I shall say no more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I have not seen this one yet. But I was told he did the "swallow a frog" trick on this.

Without seeing the interview I can tell you right now - during the "trick" he brings up so much water he needs to pour it into another bucket - which will amazingly be _just_ out of sight for a few seconds.

Do you perform your magic tricks at kiddies birthday parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Are you trying to suggest that David Blaine doesn't actually have magical powers??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I have a few party tricks as well.

I can swallow stuff like donuts, yokes, cocktail sausies, pints , jelly shots and even do a few smoked salmon hors d'oeuvres,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I have a few party tricks as well.

I can swallow stuff like donuts, yokes, cocktail sausies, pints , jelly shots and even do a few smoked salmon hors d'oeuvres,

Yes but can you bring them back up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I just went down the Youtube rabbit hole for Lawnchair Larry who did this in 1982 I think.

Same thing but in his lawnchair. Went on Letterman, left his job after it and his life didn't seem to go smoothly after it.
    Killed himself in 1993.

Interesting character.

• Advertisement
Advertisement