Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever being blocked on social media?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Jim Corr blocked me. I am a lizard person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

I have no idea. Is there any place on twitter where I can see if I have been blocked?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭taserfrank

I got blocked by this woman who got sick of me sending her photos of my schlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Simon Zebo blocked me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Tony Bellew, Dillian Whyte, Barry McGuigan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ryan Tubridy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Louise O'Neill. I liked a negative comment somebody made about one of her articles.

Have you ever being blocked on social media?

I get a right laugh out of these types, to think of them spending their days not just blocking outright opposers, but to spending time scrolling through comments and see who's been "liking" and agreeing with those opposers too!

Some bloggers and youtubers are absolute clowns for this. I remember at the time of the blogger "exposé" when their hilarious photoshopping ways were revealed, some of the worst offenders must've been spending every second of their lives blocking the commenters because you'd have a look at their most recent posts and see a stream of "you're so amazing" "gorgeous hun love you xxxxx" comments underneath them whereas the entire media had been calling them on their bullsh1t. :pac:

Anyway, my claim to fame is I got blocked by Bill Cosby for calling him a gross pervert when the news broke about his gross perverting ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I tend not to get blocked on Twitter because I don't think my opinions are so important that those with whom I disagree really need to hear them.

I almost always block or mute random people who pop up in my mentions to tell me that I'm wrong. And if I don't like the cut of their jib, I take a quick glance through their recent tweets to find something abusive, so I can grass on them, thus ideally getting them kicked off Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I get a right laugh out of these types, to think of them spending their days not just blocking outright opposers, but to spending time scrolling through comments and see who's been "liking" and agreeing with those opposers too!

Some bloggers and youtubers are absolute clowns for this. I remember at the time of the blogger "exposé" when their hilarious photoshopping ways were revealed, some of the worst offenders must've been spending every second of their lives blocking the commenters because you'd have a look at their most recent posts and see a stream of "you're so amazing" "gorgeous hun love you xxxxx" comments underneath them whereas the entire media had been calling them on their bullsh1t. :pac:

Anyway, my claim to fame is I got blocked by Bill Cosby for calling him a gross pervert when the news broke about his gross perverting ways.

There's a beauty blogger on youtube who was exposed on a recent 'Tenants from Hell' documentary on Channel 5 I think. She basically left her landlords ten grand in arrears, but was spending a s**t ton of money on beauty products, lip fillers, and other stuff. She also violated her tenancy by having pets, which were not allowed.
    Well, she's blocked all ratings on her recent videos, and disabled comments-including 'bullying' such as 'pay your rent you dirty woman'. Most of the poo was said to be animal, but I'd be worried much of it was hers too. :(

The sad thing is, the state she left the place in-I've known many a woman, older than her, who's done similar stuff. They were working professionals, and things got so bad the neighbourhood dropped in a letter telling em to tidy up the mess. Absolutely disgusting, it would turn your stomach.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/697490/YouTube-beauty-blogger-Kayla-Jenkins-Bad-Tenants-Rogue-Landlords-Channel5

Apparently Vogue 'Williams/ Wilson/ used to be McFadden' soon to be 'formerly Spencer or something' blocks quite a lot. Niamh Horan called her out on this and her comments of 'trolling'-saying she's protecting her 'brand' and isn't suffering anything close to trolling.

Advertisement