Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a Scary Place to work?

Options
  • 01-05-2018 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

A friend of my works somewhere that scares them and is currently off sick from this organisation. Here is a list of scary things that happened here recently in this small organisation:
    1. Man killed himself who works here
    2. HR Official warned me by phone in my first week at work that 'Be Careful it is strange down there'
    3. Someone next floor went on leave he said that place is unbelievably unprofessional
    4. Millions of euro get given to some strange organisations
    5. Atmosphere of bullying and friend who works there feels scared and uneasy
    6. Complained about a colleague and he was sent a week later out of the Country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

cars14 wrote: »
    A friend of my works somewhere that scares them and is currently off sick from this organisation. Here is a list of scary things that happened here recently in this small organisation:
    2. HR Official warned me by phone in my first week at work that 'Be Careful it is strange down there'
    3. Someone next floor went on leave he said that place is unbelievably unprofessional

Sounds like a front for laundering drug money

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Typical week in Dail Eireann..its a great place to work if your "one of the boys":-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Technophobe

If you take a job with the KGB or the HSE, what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cars14

If this happened to be a State Organisation who would you talk to?

Would you put in for bullying?
    Would you go back to work?
    Would you go to an Ombudsman?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Why did a HR official call you about your friend's place of work?

;)

• Advertisement

HR official called individual who had started working there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That Flowers By Irene van outside your house with the satellite dish on the roof is nothing to be alarmed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The European Commission?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I don't think he should still be working.

Obviously I cannot tell the name. But you are scarily close. But what does one do when one is working in this environment and is being bullied and is currently out sick.

• Advertisement

Why should one be bullied out of one's job by these creeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Leave obviously, or else grow a pair and stand up for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do they have a good pension and health insurance plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why should one be bullied out of one's job by these creeps?

Perhaps because one is up ones own one I'd presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

7. employees made to watch linda martins ''get lucky'' if they abuse lunch breaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

It could backfire on them literally, sounds like the sort of place someone could 'go postal'.

Advertisement