Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fight Matrix's all time MMA rankings.

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

They look ok except for Urijah Faber at number 8. Don't know how he's ahead of the likes of Aldo and Bones Jones.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/

Rank Fighter
    1 Anderson Silva
    2 Georges St. Pierre
    3 Fedor Emelianenko
    4 Matt Hughes
    5 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    6 B.J. Penn
    7 Dan Henderson
    8 Randy Couture
    9 Urijah Faber
    10 Wanderlei Silva
    11 Quinton Jackson
    12 Jose Aldo
    13 Jon Jones
    14 Chuck Liddell
    15 Lyoto Machida
    16 Nate Marquardt
    17 Mauricio Rua
    18 Frankie Edgar
    19 Gilbert Melendez
    20 Takanori Gomi
    21 Rashad Evans
    22 Josh Barnett
    23 Jon Fitch
    24 Shinya Aoki
    25 Junior dos Santos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hmmm.... it looks ok but there a few things I find strange.

Urijah Faber was a legit Champion for a long time but he's ahead of Aldo for a start, but Wanderlei? Chuck Liddell?

I think Liddell should be higher.

I don't know why JDS is there.

But it's a pretty decent list I think. Everyone will have their opinions but it's not the normal crap-fest we see from these types of lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Marquardt?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

p to the e wrote: »
    Marquardt?

My thoughts exactly

Yeah, completely glossed over Marquardt being there. Solid fighter. One of the best ever? Not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

JDS has held a title and has been a top heavyweight so i can see why he's there. Jon Fitch is ahead and while he's had more wins he's never held a title.
    Reckon Mardquat was sleeping with the person compiling the list, its the only way he was getting in that high up.
    But that will change considerably given the new crop of fighters (Jones, Pettis, Henderson, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Igor Vovchanchyn and Bas Rutten not on that list shows how flawed their system is.

No Tito, Crocop or Frank Shamrock either.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with Igor, but to think that he isn't yet 40 and it's 2013 is absolutely mind-blowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Whoever picked that list has fúcked up real bad... #1 is the undefeated Chael P Sonnen, and everyone knows it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Gilbert Melendez ahead of Bas Rutten. GTFO. I understand why the likes of Royce are left out because one dimensional. Bas was way ahead of his time. Kevin Randleman could be mentioned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,023 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

weemcd wrote: »
    Whoever picked that list has fúcked up real bad... #1 is the undefeated Chael P Sonnen, and everyone knows it :rolleyes:
    Nobody picked it.
    It's computer generated based on historical rankings afaik. Which is why the likes of Faber rank so high, he's been top 3 in 145/135 since forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Mellor wrote: »
    Nobody picked it.
    It's computer generated based on historical rankings afaik. Which is why the likes of Faber rank so high, he's been top 3 in 145/135 since forever.

I know how fight matrix works, i have used the site before

• Registered Users Posts: 39,023 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wasn't aiming it at you specifically, I figure it was tongue in cheek re Chael P getting touted.
    I was just highlight it for those who didnt get why longevity is bumping Faber and such up.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Oh my bad 🙊

Advertisement