Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chael Sonnen Vs Jon Jones

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Thinking of putting €100 on Jones win by KO, 6/4 on Paddy Power..thoughts?
    scudzilla wrote: »
    It's your money, if ya can afford to lose it then go for it.

Before you do, just look at Silva/Sonnen 1, Sonnen destroyed him, i'd never bet money against King Chael

Whilst I'm totally with Scud on this, the MBS from PP is too good to pass up. I've taken the same bet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

anyone know where one might be able to watch the prelims other than facebook ?

the prelims are actually on espn from 1am for a change

you should see all the fights apart from the three that
    are listed as 11.30
    garcia/mckenzie being one of those

ufctv usually another options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

For a start, Jones has brilliant wrestling defence and is twice as strong as Anderson. Sonnen has no chance and I love the guy as much as the next fan.

Steve O wrote: »
    For a start, Jones has brilliant wrestling defence and is twice as strong as Anderson.

Bit OTT there I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

mailburner wrote: »
    the prelims are actually on espn from 1am for a change

you should see all the fights apart from the three that
    are listed as 11.30
    garcia/mckenzie being one of those

ufctv usually another options

There'll only be 2 fights on Facebook now as the Catone fight is scratched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Whilst I'm totally with Scud on this, the MBS from PP is too good to pass up. I've taken the same bet

The MBS is if the fight goes the distance, yeah? I dunno, I think that's a bit useless personally. The only way it happens is if Chael can do what he did to Anderson in the first fight and hold on this time. If Jones gets his hands on him, he'll find a way to finish him (Sonnen hasn't proved historically difficult to finish with guys who can handle his wrestling). So you're pretty much betting on a guy, who's never been taken down, getting taken down at least five times in one fight. Pretty shrewd from PP.

leggo wrote: »
    The MBS is if the fight goes the distance, yeah? I dunno, I think that's a bit useless personally.
    Pretty shrewd from PP.

Agree with all that, its a bull****e special as it only applies
    to the match market

they won't lose anything on that but will attract a few
    punters with that

what might catch out some though for example
    you back chael pts and jones wins on points
    You do not get your money back even though it has
    gone the distance
    this only applies to the match betting market which
    is 1/10 jones 6/1 sonnen

The MBS is if the fight goes the distance, yeah? I dunno, I think that's a bit useless personally. The only way it happens is if Chael can do what he did to Anderson in the first fight and hold on this time. If Jones gets his hands on him, he'll find a way to finish him (Sonnen hasn't proved historically difficult to finish with guys who can handle his wrestling). So you're pretty much betting on a guy, who's never been taken down, getting taken down at least five times in one fight. Pretty shrewd from PP.

Exactly. The MBS is pretty much a dud unless you're backing Bones hard, which you shouldn't be doing at 1/12 (It's actually back to 1/10 now.... bargain :P )

I dunno if anyone is mentioning it but I reckon 8/11 on Johnny Bedford is a decent enough price. Caraway is good and all, but I think this is a Bedford win all day (Especially if Miesha tate is in Caraway's corner telling him to phone in Round 3 like she did last time :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Best realistic odds I could find for Jones/Sonnen is 4/1 for Jones in Round 2. I can definitely see that happening. I pretty much see this as an identical finish to Chael/Anderson 2 with Sonnen freaking out when he realises his takedowns won't land and doing something stupid, just as Jones finds his range.

Best realistic odds I could find for Jones/Sonnen is 4/1 for Jones in Round 2. I can definitely see that happening. I pretty much see this as an identical finish to Chael/Anderson 2 with Sonnen freaking out when he realises his takedowns won't land and doing something stupid, just as Jones finds his range.

Lol

I'm thinking exact same as you but would probably do
    jones in round two at 4s and jones in round 3 at 11/2 as cover

If chael can get past round one and i think he might then
    I think it'll only be a matter of time before jones finishes him.

Please prove me wrong chael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It seems everyone wants Chael to win but all know that he has no fcukin hope

scudzilla wrote: »
    It seems everyone wants Chael to win but all know that he has no fcukin hope

Finish within 2 rounds I reckon. Bones is a few levels above poor Chael!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Facebook prelims about to start. Anybody have a youtube link for them ?

Actually may not be starting till 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

why do you need youtube link? Can you not watch on facebook?

Nappy wrote: »
    why do you need youtube link? Can you not watch on facebook?

I find YouTube link MUCH better and around 60seconds ahead of FB feed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Put €140 on Jones KO at 6/4, hopefully no surprises later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That is a lot of blood.

How did he not tap!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Had Silver first round sub! Fair play to Holobaugh, was expecting him to tap early on in that, looked tight

• Advertisement

10-8 for Siler in the first or we think 1 round each? Both corners saying 1 round each

'Mon Cody send Garcia out of the UFC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Bitta Oasis, nice.

I'd say the loser of this gets their packing orders from the UFC, fingers crossed it's Lenny

Garcia has to go. 5 losses out of 6 fights... Shouldn't here in the first plae IMO. As I said before, he just swings for the car park for 15 minutes.

Hahahaha, Lol at Cody waiting like a loon for Rogan to interview him

is there anyway to watch the next few fights free bar the main event?

UFC.tv

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

I'm watching them on the facebook page, its the tab called just "Prelims"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jones is 2/9 to win by submission or KO on Paddy power, you get your money back if the match goes to points. So the only way you can lose is if Sonnen wins by KO or submission.

• Advertisement

There was just 2 fights on the facebook page. Is that it for the free view? ufc.tv doesnt work for me for some reason.

Advertisement