Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice for starting MMA training

Options
  • 09-05-2013 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone, Been a huge fan of mma for over 10 years and decided it's finally time to actually do a bit of training. I'm living in cork and not as fit as i could be and was wondering if anybody knew of a welcoming for beginners gym in or around Cork to start training in? And any advice for training would be much appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

How's it going,
    We cater for all levels in our gym in frankfield and have dedicated beginners classes in Mma on Thursdays at 7pm and sat at 11am. We are also munsters most successful Mma gym.
    Check us out on www.themmaclinic.com
    021-4840627
    First class free. See you on the mats.
    Odhball wrote: »
    Hello everyone, Been a huge fan of mma for over 10 years and decided it's finally time to actually do a bit of training. I'm living in cork and not as fit as i could be and was wondering if anybody knew of a welcoming for beginners gym in or around Cork to start training in? And any advice for training would be much appreciated. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What he said!
    just go up and try it-if you enjoy it which you will, then your sorted

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ATMatm

Yeah, just find a club that's close to you. Start training and never look back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

BJJ Cork run Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA classes.

The BJJ instructor Liam Beechinor (black belt) is well known in Ireland and Pedro Bess BJJ Cork has some excellent fighters on the team.

Check out the website or you can check them out on Facebook.

If you've any questions just post them on the Facebook page or send a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevap

Was just gonna recommend the place in Frankfield in Douglas.
    Never heard a bad word about the place from mates of mine who've been there.
    It sounds like a top notch training venue.
    Good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement