Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobpath/Seetec

Options
  • 14-05-2021 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

I was referred to Jobpath last year. To cut a long story short, I signed a personal progression plan after the initial phonecall but then my Employment adviser missed several appointments with me over the next 6 months. Eventually, I found full time work entirely by myself a month ago. Jobpath has never helped me and has done literally nothing apart from collect data from me and miss appointments but now they are hassling me for details of my employment so they can collect a bonus from the Irish Taxpayer for me coming off the live register. Has anyone had a similar experience? I know the Plan I signed stated that I would inform them of details once I found work but I was effectively coerced into signed this document and besides, they didn't help with anything over the course of 9 months since I started dealing with them.

All opinions welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do not give them any information, Block the number/email, if they continue get onto social welfare and tell them you're being harassed, you don't have to give them any information.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

paddythere wrote: »
    I was referred to Jobpath last year. To cut a long story short, I signed a personal progression plan after the initial phonecall but then my Employment adviser missed several appointments with me over the next 6 months. Eventually, I found full time work entirely by myself a month ago. Jobpath has never helped me and has done literally nothing apart from collect data from me and miss appointments but now they are hassling me for details of my employment so they can collect a bonus from the Irish Taxpayer for me coming off the live register. Has anyone had a similar experience? I know the Plan I signed stated that I would inform them of details once I found work but I was effectively coerced into signed this document and besides, they didn't help with anything over the course of 9 months since I started dealing with them.

All opinions welcome.

If you search through boards for Seetac or Turas Nua you'll find Al you need to know about these shower of chancers. Not only don't give them any information, sign anything but report this matter to SW, I'd also go further, this jobs scam is under the political spotlight and in particular the public accounts Committee watching it like a hawk, jobs path despised in equal measure by numerous politicians but also DEASP due to the large amount of complaints and appalling results given the near €100 million wasted.

Find Brian Stanley's contact email address, easy to find, he's chairman of the committee and send details of your experience.

Good luck and sign absolutely nothing

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nickynick

I have the same . They need my employer details , but I don't know why. I was with seetec for 2 months and after I found work by myself , they need contact to my manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Nickynick wrote: »
    I have the same . They need my employer details , but I don't know why. I was with seetec for 2 months and after I found work by myself , they need contact to my manager.

They want the details so they can get their bonus from the Department of Social Protection for getting you off the live register. I'm not giving them my details, they never helped me with anything whatsoever. I refuse to facilitate them in scamming this Country.

Nickynick wrote: »

Absolutely no obligation or requirement to share any information regarding your employment, especially your Managers details, infact that's bordering on a potential data breach, it's just ploy to get fee income despite you getting the job yourself. An absolute scam. I'd personally email SW and copy these clowns stating what is going on, that will clip their grubby wings. Good luck regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Absolutely no obligation or requirement to share any information regarding your employment, especially your Managers details, infact that's bordering on a potential data breach, it's just ploy to get fee income despite you getting the job yourself. An absolute scam. I'd personally email SW and copy these clowns stating what is going on, that will clip their grubby wings. Good luck regardless.

Just to clarify, what is the downside of not engaging with Seetec? I have been engaging and tbh, no major hassles but given that I am working again in the last few months on a Tus scheme not seeing the point. Can Seetec get the dole cut if you don't engage? What powers do they have?

paddythere wrote: »
    They want the details so they can get their bonus from the Department of Social Protection for getting you off the live register. I'm not giving them my details, they never helped me with anything whatsoever. I refuse to facilitate them in scamming this Country.

Have to say in fairness to Seetec they helped me out with contacts as regards my mental health. In so far as I have a therapist now who is very good.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, what is the downside of not engaging with Seetec? I have been engaging and tbh, no major hassles but given that I am working again in the last few months on a Tus scheme not seeing the point. Can Seetec get the dole cut if you don't engage? What powers do they have?

There's no downside when your obligated to engage albeit its questionable these jobs path companies actually offer any REAL assistance.

The issue becomes complicated when a client has obtained employment themselves, which by all accounts is actually the norm.

The issue for the OP and I might add, not the first time the issue has arisen, is Said companies seeking info, details of an employment they did not assist the client get, the only purpose of their interest in obtaining this info is to in essence take credit, by whatever means for the client closing or reducing their SW Payment which yeilds Fee income for either Seetac of Turas Nua. Fee income or bonuses are only paid when these companies help or obtain employment for the client, they also get ongoing Admin fee's during engagement process. Sadly and in addition to this scurrilous behavior, these companies have also been known to essentially harass actual employers to get credit for the Job, there's numerous examples of same throughout Boards and indeed a Google search will find some damining examples on how these appalling have behaved and also the now over €200 million squandered on this scheme.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Have to say in fairness to Seetec they helped me out with contacts as regards my mental health. In so far as I have a therapist now who is very good.

This an entirely seperate issue, I'm glad they were able to assist in someway.

This an entirely seperate issue, I'm glad they were able to assist in someway.

Yes it's a separate issue and in fact I don't give any credit to Seetec as a corporate entity, but rather to the contact I was assigned . It arose in conversation that I had mental health issues when I was asked why I was unemployed, she said she herself is a trained psychotherapist, so she knew the ropes in that arena.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I got my first call from seetec last week. What does a "Teams Intro Meeting" entail? I have one upcoming. Is it just listening or do I need a web cam and mic on my laptop to enage during it? Really don't want to be giving out information about myself if it's a group of people.

Thanks

Hi,

I got my first call from seetec last week. What does a "Teams Intro Meeting" entail? I have one upcoming. Is it just listening or do I need a web cam and mic on my laptop to enage during it? Really don't want to be giving out information about myself if it's a group of people.

Thanks

I'm presuming it will be a group call, Seetac can not presume to think everyone has web cams, laptops etc, I certainly wouldn't be telling them I have such equipment.

I'm curious if you don't mind me asking, is this a new referral to Seetac, had you been with them before? I understood there was no new referrals on Jobs path but not entirely sure.

EDIT, I was with Turas Nua a few years ago and the initial meeting was held at the Intero Centre along with about 10 others, I believe no face to face meetings have been permitted for almost a year now, so perhaps being done over phone

I'm presuming it will be a group call, Seetac can not presume to think everyone has web cams, laptops etc, I certainly wouldn't be telling them I have such equipment.

I'm curious if you don't mind me asking, is this a new referral to Seetac, had you been with them before? I understood there was no new referrals on Jobs path but not entirely sure.

EDIT, I was with Turas Nua a few years ago and the initial meeting was held at the Intero Centre along with about 10 others, I believe no face to face meetings have been permitted for almost a year now, so perhaps being done over phone

First time I've done anything with them. Have only done the first call so far where they ask you questions about yourself and then at the end he said I'll put you down for the teams intro meeting this week. I signed the contract but I didn't give consent for them to ring my employer if I get a job.

Did you have to introduce yourself or anything at the group meeting to everyone or was it just listening to a presentation? Thanks

First time I've done anything with them. Have only done the first call so far where they ask you questions about yourself and then at the end he said I'll put you down for the teams intro meeting this week. I signed the contract but I didn't give consent for them to ring my employer if I get a job.

Did you have to introduce yourself or anything at the group meeting to everyone or was it just listening to a presentation? Thanks

Yes, it was a pile of nonsense, there was 12 if I recall, 4 had no English, 6 over the age of 60 and 2 of us mid aged etc. Its really just a box ticking exercise, there will likely be a person from SW explaining how it works, obligations etc, you'll likely never ever speak to any of these people again.

I should state, I was on reduced hours, not full SW But this was at a time, every Tom, dick, Harry, Dominykas and Lucas we're being referred :)

Just be sure to document everything, calls, emails, sms etc moving forward. Good luck

Yes, it was a pile of nonsense, there was 12 if I recall, 4 had no English, 6 over the age of 60 and 2 of us mid aged etc. Its really just a box ticking exercise, there will likely be a person from SW explaining how it works, obligations etc, you'll likely never ever speak to any of these people again.

I should state, I was on reduced hours, not full SW But this was at a time, every Tom, dick, Harry, Dominykas and Lucas we're being referred :)

Just be sure to document everything, calls, emails, sms etc moving forward. Good luck

Will do! Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Trebhygt

Will do! Thanks for the help

Back with them myself, second time, am doing a few days a week, over 60...first time was told to just turn up, play along really..this time (don,t have a computer or email) guy wants to set email up on phone, will send c.v.,s to potential employers for me, telling him I don,t consent to either and am not prepared to sign anything...willing to participate but not to be controlled. Awaiting consequences.

Trebhygt wrote: »
    Back with them myself, second time, am doing a few days a week, over 60...first time was told to just turn up, play along really..this time (don,t have a computer or email) guy wants to set email up on phone, will send c.v.,s to potential employers for me, telling him I don,t consent to either and am not prepared to sign anything...willing to participate but not to be controlled. Awaiting consequences.

Good approach, I just don't get what part of a pandemic, few hiring these people don't understand. Are you working part time if you don't mind me asking.

Good approach, I just don't get what part of a pandemic, few hiring these people don't understand. Are you working part time if you don't mind me asking.
    Yes...a constant two days a week with extra days here and there.
    Why are they bothering someone who is on the bottom of the ladder for potential employees...young before old....a private co. that makes up to 300euro per person for referral, 600 off me so far plus up to 3,000 for sustaining 12 months work (paid in quarterly dividends)...they get you work that lasts 12 wks. they are quids in...so participants "welfare" is secondary...money is their goal. Annoys me the personal questions a guy that probably lives close by can ask and he may know me or family/friends.

Trebhygt wrote: »
    Yes...a constant two days a week with extra days here and there.
    Why are they bothering someone who is on the bottom of the ladder for potential employees...young before old....a private co. that makes up to 300euro per person for referral, 600 off me so far plus up to 3,000 for sustaining 12 months work (paid in quarterly dividends)...they get you work that lasts 12 wks. they are quids in...so participants "welfare" is secondary...money is their goal. Annoys me the personal questions a guy that probably lives close by can ask and he may know me or family/friends.

I hear you and its just beyond ludicrous, I'm not sure how their fee structure works but all their admin and payroll costs covered, I do know tge main little nugget is getting clients to sign off.

I too was part time but only because of reduced hours for a period of time, it was just absurd, I knew my hours would increase after a defined period, was with same employer years and had no incentive or need to look for new employment. I went to town on these s*****, details on other threads but suffice to say they won't be happ6if they see my name ever again on a referral list :)

I don't need to advise you on playing the game, keep positive and good luck :)

I hear you and its just beyond ludicrous, I'm not sure how their fee structure works but all their admin and payroll costs covered, I do know tge main little nugget is getting clients to sign off.

I too was part time but only because of reduced hours for a period of time, it was just absurd, I knew my hours would increase after a defined period, was with same employer years and had no incentive or need to look for new employment. I went to town on these s*****, details on other threads but suffice to say they won't be happ6if they see my name ever again on a referral list :)

I don't need to advise you on playing the game, keep positive and good luck :)
    Will check your other threads later...your case is a perfect example of the incompetence of these people...your employment position was temporary and would resolve itself in time so why bother you f.f.s. Ultimately the fault is with whoever initiated this scheme and knowing the success rate is around 8% continue to roll it out...I want to eat the head off my P.A. but realise he is but a cog in the wheel.
    Well done you.ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
Advertisement