Forum Closed  

02-07-2018, 12:22   #1

Who's dreading the thought of England winning the world cup.

I'm dreading that England could actually go on and win the world cup this year with Spain elimitated yesterday on penalties to Russia it opens the door to the likes of England and others to go all the way to the final, but the thought of England winning the tournament fills me with dread. Originally i wouldnt have thought they had a prayer but the way it has panned out reaching the final is a real possibility for the 3 lions. Columbia must be said are a decent side and are more than capable of troubling England if they can play to their potential although Rodriguez if he's out is a big blow to their chances of winning, which i hope they do to end England's world cup hopes once and for all.

While Brazil, Belgium and France are still in the tournament they are on the other side of the draw so cant play England to at least the final should they get there but because those heavyweights are likely to run into each other further into the competition even more of the fancied sides will find themselves out of this tournament increasing the outsiders chances even more. So England if things go their way and if they manage to overcome Columbia tomorrow will have a very favorable route to the final and even if its one of Brazil, Belgium or France in a one off final anything could happen. I really hope Columbia or someone else possibly Croatia eliminate England because if they manage to do the unthinkable i doubt i would be able to turn on the BBC, ITV or SKY for quite some time you would never hear the end of it so please Columbia spare me from such a scenario by tomorrow night by defeating England.
Advertisement
02-07-2018, 12:24   #2
dobman88

*Colombia
02-07-2018, 12:25   #3
ForstalDave

Iv nothing agaisnt England as a team but the media will hype this up to no end and drive me up the wall
02-07-2018, 12:26   #4
Bret Hart

It's coming home.
02-07-2018, 12:27   #5
Pauliedragon

Don't worry they'll find a way to balls it up. A red card or penalty shootout will send them home at some stage.
Advertisement
02-07-2018, 12:29   #6
Mickeroo
Administrator

I don't think they'll reach the final. Would be delighted if they won it though.
02-07-2018, 12:32   #7
PTH2009

I'd be amazed if they won it with this squad

The squads of the 90s and 00s was far superior and they never made it close
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2018, 12:32   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauliedragon View Post
Don't worry they'll find a way to balls it up. A red card or penalty shootout will send them home at some stage.
I really hope you're right because i could litterally not stomach England winning a world cup ever.
02-07-2018, 12:32   #9
NIMAN

Why do we think Spain would have stopped them?
Based on what I've seen this WC, Kane would have had loads of chances against their defence.

Russia are as likely to stop them tbh.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-07-2018, 12:33   #10
listermint

Nope between this and Brexit would be disaster of epic self love proportions.

with the added bonus of economic recession. no win for me, dumped out by the columbians is best we can hope for.

Otherwise it will be rule Britannia , the last thing thats needed .
(3) thanks from:
02-07-2018, 12:33   #11
NIMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post
I'd be amazed if they won it with this squad

The squads of the 90s and 00s was far superior and they never made it close
But back then Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina all had better squads too.

Its all relative. England today are no worse than what I have seen so far in this WC.
02-07-2018, 12:35   #12
Kiith

Given that i support an English team, and several of those players are important to the England setup, I find it a bit ironic (hypocritical?) that i want England to fail so badly. If they were to go on and win it, I think i'd be very happy for the players, but absolutely hate everything else about it (the press, certain English fans etc...).
02-07-2018, 12:38   #13
KungPao

If they do win it, it will be said that they only beat one good team (possibly) in the final.

So winners by default as all the big countries messed up/weren’t overly arsed.

Like in F1 when occasionally all the big teams balls it up and some banger who’s 10 seconds off the pace gets the win.

But England will freeze on Tuesday and end up going home after another penalty shootout failure...
02-07-2018, 12:40   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForstalDave View Post
Iv nothing agaisnt England as a team but the media will hype this up to no end and drive me up the wall
That's the problem the BBC and the likes would be in absolute hysterics really rubbing it in everyone's faces there's no way they will be quiet about it they would want the whole world to know how brilliant it is and how England are the greatest team on the planet.
Thanks from:
02-07-2018, 12:42   #15

I really dont mind if England win the world cup.

Considering the PL is one of the most diluted leagues in the world with international players and managers, it would be some achievement that they got a team playing together to win it
(3) thanks from:
Forum Closed