Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My eldest was getting really excited about Switchmas, even including it in a list of upcoming events (Pancake day! Switchmas! Patricks day! Mothers day! - followed by daggers from my wife :D) until I told her that BotW is 1 player and I am that player. Also didn't go down well when she asked who Player 2 would be and I hugged my wife and said "player 2 for life!" - not the answer she wanted.

Aside from Snipperclips - which I'll probably get in a Joycon Bundle after the fact - what are the eShop multiplayer front runners for launch day? Ideally something cheap with "classic" gameplay - ie not 1-2-Switch - and Co-Op rather than competitive.

From memory, the options are FAST (too "serious"), Setsuna (1P?), the Tomorrow Corp games, Binding of Isaac, Snipperclips and Shovel Knight (already owned on 3DS and WiiU, and described as "But that's stupid, daddy!" by my ignorant whelp) with full price options Just Dance, Bomberman and skylanders... I'm not seeing a cheap, fun option for messing with the kids... suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bit late to the party with the Nindies showcase.

Things I would play:

Yooka Laylee
    Runner 3
    Flipping Death
    Mr. Shifty
    Shakedown Hawaii
    Stardew Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Banjo wrote: »
    I hugged my wife and said "player 2 for life!" -
    Smooth!
    Banjo wrote: »
    Aside from Snipperclips - which I'll probably get in a Joycon Bundle after the fact - what are the eShop multiplayer front runners for launch day? Ideally something cheap with "classic" gameplay - ie not 1-2-Switch - and Co-Op rather than competitive.

From memory, the options are FAST (too "serious"), Setsuna (1P?), the Tomorrow Corp games, Binding of Isaac, Snipperclips and Shovel Knight (already owned on 3DS and WiiU, and described as "But that's stupid, daddy!" by my ignorant whelp) with full price options Just Dance, Bomberman and skylanders... I'm not seeing a cheap, fun option for messing with the kids... suggestions?

Binding of Isaac has been pushed back, no?

I'm getting Zelda. I might get my fourth :eek: copy of Shovel Knight, but would temporarily desist if Monster Boy or Wonder Boy were available. Which I doubt. And neither of those is multi-player either, as far as I know.

I'll get RMX. I'll get Snipperclips if it is available in a Joy-Con bundle, and my local store are still insisting that it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Game called Voez is going to be a launch title on the e-shop.

I really like rhythm games and I'm rather tempted to buy it. €20.99 is a bit high though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"what are you watching"

"It's a gameplay video I swear"

"Sounded like J-Pop to me, weeb"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo at lunch time and it was pretty fun. I think I might end up getting it when the localised version launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I want another switch game, but I don't know what yet. Probably end up with shovel knight.

I want another switch game, but I don't know what yet. Probably end up with shovel knight.

I got Zelda, RMX, Snipperclips, 1-2 Switch, and Shovel Knight treasure trove. Seems like a big wait now until Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and Arms. Would like to see Sonic Mania or Yooka-Laylee moving earlier, but presume that's unlikely.
    I was wondering if any of the vague "2017" indie releases might surprise us?

Binding of Isaac and early VC access to fill things out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ended up buying Fast RMX in the end...
    I'm weak, I know....
    It looks gorgeous but is the same game as Fast Racing Neo.
    Still no sign of World of Goo though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭geotrig

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm weak, I know....

i thought i saw somewhere that it was pushed back at least a week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

geotrig wrote: »
    i thought i saw somewhere that it was pushed back at least a week

Well, I'll keep the powder dry until then!

Still no release date on Binding of Isaac....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Well, I'll keep the powder dry until then!

Still no release date on Binding of Isaac....

The girlfriend has that on Pre Order for me as part of my valentines day gift to me.

I tougt it was coming the 17th of this month ?. As she asked me Do you wont me to get you another game for the switch ?.

I am going to hold out for another month and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm weak, I know....

So it is actually just a rename, or what?
    I have Fast Racing NEO on the Wii U, so I'll know to avoid it if its the same game.
    It seems a bit lousy that they just renamed the game to get more punters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd read that they'd added a lot of extra stuff to the game, like extra tracks etc...
    compared to the original Wii U version we almost doubled the content and added a lot of new visual effects and many general improvements
    Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/shinen-on-fast-rmx-new-content-praise-for-switch-uses-hd-rumble/

I'll have to stick with it so.
    I don't know if the extra tracks in RMX are the Fast Racing Neo dlc or genuinely new material.
    That dlc was included on the FRN physical release.
    I'm in work so I can't check the track numbers compared to each other

• Advertisement

In a vague attempt to justify my purchase, I can say that I didn't buy the Fast Racing NEO DLC.

Mainly though, RMX was listed at a pretty decent digital price and I'm much, much more likely to occasionally play it on the Switch in handheld mode.

I bought it because I wanted a racing game on my new device and, while I own it already, I quite like it, though it is Wipeout/FZeroGX-lite... just 1 calorie, won't fill you up (on AG racing), so plenty of room left for Redout, which looks superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm humming and hawing about RMX, but I'll probably go for Shovel Knight. I know RMX won't get any play time once Mario Kart comes out next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see they've announced Time Attack and Friend Online Support for RMX coming soon

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm humming and hawing about RMX, but I'll probably go for Shovel Knight. I know RMX won't get any play time once Mario Kart comes out next month.

I suppose it's a bit like the good old PS1 days, you could own F1'97 and Wipeout 2097, both got plenty of play... as did Colin McRea, Rollcage, Driver and Grand Tiramisu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I suppose it's a bit like the good old PS1 days, you could own F1'97 and Wipeout 2097, both got plenty of play... as did Colin McRea, Rollcage, Driver and Grand Tiramisu!

Yeah, but I'm barely into driving games as it is. I have plenty to keep me going with Zelda for now anyway. I can't see myself wanting another game for a while.

Something really nice about Fast RMX is the HD Rumble effects, it feels pretty good, giving you an active tactile experience as you tear around the courses.

Yooka Laylee Switch trailer:

Bloodstained has been officially announced for Switch, delayed to Q1 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

What's the latest on Splatoon 2? Can we still expect it in the summer? Hopefully sooner rather than later

AMGer wrote: »
    What's the latest on Splatoon 2? Can we still expect it in the summer? Hopefully sooner rather than later

Nintendo said Q3. So between July and September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

AMGer wrote: »

there a "beta" test end of the month
    Friday 24th March

19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET

Saturday 25th March

03:00 - 03:59 GMT / 04:00 - 04:59 CET
    11:00 - 11:59 GMT / 12:00 - 12:59 CET
    19:00 - 19:59 GMT / 20:00 - 20:59 CET

Sunday 26th March

04:00 - 04:59 BST / 05:00 - 05:59 CET
    12:00 - 12:59 BST / 13:00 - 13:59 CET

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/splatoon_2_global_testfire_demo_details_confirmed_for_europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

When the first one came out, I *think* everyone who downloaded that beta got some money off the full game from the eShop. Might be worth giving it a go, either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah they did. but then I wanted the Squid Amiibo. :)

Must get back to Splatoon before the testfire starts and get familiar with the controls again. I'm sure they'll have the tutorial again for newbies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

As most people know I Am Setsuna has a physical release in Asia with a Japanese sleeve but the retailer Heavy Arm Game is selling the game with an English lanuage sleeve. If your interested in the game on disc err cartridge with English sleeve get in touch with them.

I've allready paid for my copy release end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

McLoughlin wrote: »
    As most people know I Am Setsuna has a physical release in Asia with a Japanese sleeve but the retailer Heavy Arm Game is selling the game with an English lanuage sleeve. If your interested in the game on disc err cartridge with English sleeve get in touch with them.

I couldn't see it on their website.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    McLoughlin wrote: »

I couldn't see it on their website.

It's not on their website as it's out of stock the only way to get the game is to email them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

[url] http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-08-rime-comes-out-in-may[/url]

PC, PS4 and Xbox One in both physical and digital form, priced £29.99, £39.99 on Switch physical and digital, as well as a delay.

I'll be waiting for a price drop on this I think. No chance I'm paying extra just to have it on a new piece of hardware.

PC, PS4 and Xbox One in both physical and digital form, priced £29.99, £39.99 on Switch physical and digital, as well as a delay.

I'll be waiting for a price drop on this I think. No chance I'm paying extra just to have it on a new piece of hardware.

Nintendo tax!

I'd only really play Rime on the go, gotta suck it up in my case. I could save the £10 but probably wouldn't get half the hours from it. Worth it for the portability IMO, but that's in my case.

Binding Of Issac on the 17th March!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I'd only really play Rime on the go, gotta suck it up in my case. I could save the £10 but probably wouldn't get half the hours from it. Worth it for the portability IMO, but that's in my case.

I'd love it for portability too, but I'm not paying extra just because they want to take advantage of a new system with a small library. It just rubs me up the wrong way a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Binding Of Issac on the 17th March!

You gonna need another switch now ain't ya.

• Advertisement

You gonna need another switch now ain't ya.

Between that and £10 more expensive Rime!

First world problems my boy first world problems, I might try and get that issac collectors edition from videogameplus.ca

First world problems my boy first world problems, I might try and get that issac collectors edition from videogameplus.ca

That's what I'm waiting for, probably won't have it until mid April though.

I'd love it for portability too, but I'm not paying extra just because they want to take advantage of a new system with a small library. It just rubs me up the wrong way a little.

Ah it's ****e, I'm looking at it value for money wise though.

Did someone say Binding of Issac Collectors Edition? I hit 130hrs on PC today :) I think that justifies giving Nicalis more money.

That's what I'm waiting for, probably won't have it until mid April though.

looks like a lot in it for what it costs, gods damn why can't I stop dying in Zelda.

There is an apple usb-c to usb converter available wonder would it work on the switch for using basic usb chargers or have I not thought this through entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got a USB a to c cable today, will give it a go later/tomorrow if I get a chance and report back.

There is an apple usb-c to usb converter available wonder would it work on the switch for using basic usb chargers or have I not thought this through entirely.

You can get fairly high quality USB C cables for 10-12 quid on Amazon, or the adapters for like €1 from DX.com or aliexpress.com

Game Manual with Binding of Issac

You can get fairly high quality USB C cables for 10-12 quid on Amazon, or the adapters for like €1 from DX.com or aliexpress.com

I got a pack of two adapters.
    One stopped charging one day and decided to get very very hot.
    Down with this sort of thing!
    Careful now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement