Forum Closed  

26-10-2016, 08:57   #91
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscocpit View Post
Hi DeGiro. Why can't I place a gtc order on some of the markets (eg Irish)? The only one available is day order.
We do support GTC on most exchanges. We are now looking into realizing GTC for the Irish exchange. I will report an update as soon as I can.
GTC orders are now be available for the Irish Exchange.
Advertisement
26-10-2016, 09:00   #92
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDirection View Post
Hi Degiro,

I'm just looking to get my head around the cost to buying ETFs.
So I see on your site there is a list of commission free ETFs.

So 0% buying and selling costs.
2.50 annual fee for holding a position on the relevant stock exchange.
Plus the expense ratio of the fund (which will just be reflected in the fund performance?)

And the only restriction to this is that you can only make one commision free ETF trade per calendar month?

Is this correct or is there anything I'm missing above?

Thanks!
This is correct. You are able to make one commission free ETF trade per calendar month for each commission free listed ETF.
Please note that if the product is traded in a different currency, which you do not hold, it will be subject to an Auto FX fee of 0.1%.
Thanks from:
26-10-2016, 09:09   #93
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live at Three View Post
Do you do trailing stop losses, and if not will you be bringing them in in future?
We do not currently offer trailing stop losses. It is something we are considering to offer in the future, however we do not have a timeline for when this may be available.
26-10-2016, 13:47   #94
Hackers

When purchasing shares via a limit order ( which I set at the ask price), why does the purchase always go through at the full ask price?

When I view the share trades done by others around the time of my purchase they sometimes go through at slightly less than the ask price so that is the reason I have my query above.

Same happens when selling shares, selling price is always at the bid price, never slightly above.

Occasionally I have used the market order function but same result, full ask always paid.
26-10-2016, 14:50   #95
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackers View Post
When purchasing shares via a limit order ( which I set at the ask price), why does the purchase always go through at the full ask price?

When I view the share trades done by others around the time of my purchase they sometimes go through at slightly less than the ask price so that is the reason I have my query above.

Same happens when selling shares, selling price is always at the bid price, never slightly above.

Occasionally I have used the market order function but same result, full ask always paid.
The ask price is the price that sellers are willing to sell for. The Bid price is the price that buyers are willing to buy for. Therefore when placing an order it is expected to buy for around the ask price and to sell for around the bid price.
Advertisement
26-10-2016, 15:10   #96
Hackers

That still does not answer my query.

You state below "around", my question is, when using Degiro, why it is never "around", it is always at full.

I use other brokers and rarely do i ever have to pay the full ask.

I am just curious, from over 50 trades using Degiro all were at full ask.

Quote:
The ask price is the price that sellers are willing to sell for. The Bid price is the price that buyers are willing to buy for. Therefore when placing an order it is expected to buy for around the ask price and to sell for around the bid price.
26-10-2016, 15:41   #97
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
That still does not answer my query.

You state below "around", my question is, when using Degiro, why it is never "around", it is always at full.

I use other brokers and rarely do i ever have to pay the full ask.

I am just curious, from over 50 trades using Degiro all were at full ask.

Quote:
If you are selling a stock, you are going to get the bid price, if you are buying a stock you are going to get the ask price. This is the bid/ask spread and is typical when trading through any broker.
26-10-2016, 16:09   #98
Hackers

Typical to pay full ask, are you kidding me??!

I have just checked the last 25 buys on 2 shares I own and from the total of 50, there are only a handful at full ask.

Anyway, I am done on this discussion. I can see what I see. Would be interested in views of others as I am relatively new to dealing in shares so apologies in advance if I am raising a non issue.

Quote:
If you are selling a stock, you are going to get the bid price, if you are buying a stock you are going to get the ask price. This is the bid/ask spread and is typical when trading through any broker.
Thanks from:
26-10-2016, 16:46   #99
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmin View Post
How do I know my cost averaging for multiple share purchases?
You can view the prices paid under your Transactions tab. The average cost is not displayed but each price will be factored in to your Result value.
Advertisement
26-10-2016, 17:42   #100
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Typical to pay full ask, are you kidding me??!

I have just checked the last 25 buys on 2 shares I own and from the total of 50, there are only a handful at full ask.

Anyway, I am done on this discussion. I can see what I see. Would be interested in views of others as I am relatively new to dealing in shares so apologies in advance if I am raising a non issue.
At Degiro we use the bid/ask spread from the market. We do not widen the spread or set our own. You are welcome to call our helpdesk if you wish to discuss anything you are unclear on.
27-10-2016, 10:56   #101
Frogdog

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I see/print monthly statements of my account on your website? Or would I have to ring your offices to request them to be posted out to me? Thanks.
27-10-2016, 11:12   #102
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogdog View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I see/print monthly statements of my account on your website? Or would I have to ring your offices to request them to be posted out to me? Thanks.
To find that information you can go to your Account tab, select the desired date range, and then click the ‘pdf’ button on the right hand side of the screen. This will give you a full breakdown of all charges on your account.
27-10-2016, 11:22   #103
Frogdog

That's great, thanks.

It's a pity it only gives a statement of your cash balance, rather than the value of your portfolio. Is this something that might be included in statements in future?
27-10-2016, 13:05   #104
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogdog View Post
That's great, thanks.

It's a pity it only gives a statement of your cash balance, rather than the value of your portfolio. Is this something that might be included in statements in future?
Actually we do have that available. Similar to the Account statement, for a portfolio valuation go to your Portfolio tab and click the ‘pdf’ button on the right hand side of the screen. This will give you a report of your current holdings as well as their valuation.
27-10-2016, 13:58   #105
Frogdog

Ah! Perfect, thanks very much.
Forum Closed