Forum Closed  

29-03-2016, 16:13   #1
Currencies Direct: Alex
Verified representative

Currency Markets Update

29 March 2016

Markets ease back in after Easter

Markets have been fairly quiet as most were closed for the Easter break. However, the US Dollar eased off against most currencies in trading yesterday as data out from the US revealed falling inflation numbers as well as a downward revision to consumer spending. As Janet Yellen has indicated from the Federal Reserve, inflation remains a key factor in increasing interest rates and the data has been retreating this quarter. This further dampens expectations of an interest rate hike. Pending home sales data was better than expected from the US.

Over the last week, Federal Reserve members have been speaking in a fairly hawkish tone and Fed Chair Janet Yellen’s speech will be keenly watched today.

Redbook data as well as crude and gas inventories are the other sets of data out from the US and from the Eurozone; we have Italian consumer confidence as the lone set of data to provide direction.

29 March 2016 - RATES

Euro (EUR) Sterling (GBP) 0.7869 / Sterling (GBP) Euro (EUR) 1.2707

Euro (EUR) US Dollar (USD) 1.1192 / US Dollar (USD) Euro (EUR) 0.8935

Euro (EUR) Australian Dollar (AUD) 1.4801 / Australian Dollar (AUD) Euro (EUR) 0.67563

All rates are for indication purposes only. Prices can vary dramatically based on amount and delivery date.

To set up a free account or get a free quote

ireland@currenciesdirect.com

+353 (0) 1 513 6191
+44 (0) 20 7847 9400

Last edited by Currencies Direct: Alex; 30-03-2016 at 10:41.
Advertisement
12-04-2016, 13:12   #2
Verified representative

12th April 2016

Consumer Price Index figures out this week

With a host of Consumer Price Index figures out this week across various countries, the UK kicks off the key data viewing with an expectation of a slight easing from last year. An indication of 0.4% has been forecast against the previous number of 0.3%. A bigger figure would give sterling a timely boost ahead of the EU referendum debate which is due to cause volatile swings in the markets, but a good CPI reading isn’t expected to incentivise the Bank of England to alter interest rates.

Brexit debate hits recruitment industry

It appears that the Brexit debate has spread into the recruitment industry, as numbers yesterday showed that the amount of new job opportunities in London fell this March, compared to March 2015. That said, the number of people looking for work is up. It would seem companies aren’t looking to take on as many new employees as a result of the uncertainty a Brexit would bring, causing an over application from job seekers.

In other news

The eurozone will have to wait until Thursday to bite back against the UK, with expectations of -0.1% forecast against a previous of -0.2% year on year in March. Federal Reserve member Mr Lacker speaks at an event this evening in the US, and he will no doubt have to answer questions on the next potential rate increase.

12th April 2016 - RATES

Euro (EUR) Sterling (GBP) 0.8010 / Sterling (GBP) Euro (EUR) 1.2484

Euro (EUR) US Dollar (USD) 1.1420 / US Dollar (USD) Euro (EUR) 0.8756

Euro (EUR) Australian Dollar (AUD) 1.4954 / Australian Dollar (AUD) Euro (EUR) 0.6687

All rates are for indication purposes only. Prices can vary dramatically based on amount and delivery date.

To set up a free account or get a free quote

ireland@currenciesdirect.com

+353 (0) 1 513 6191
+44 (0) 20 7847 9400
13-04-2016, 21:26   #3
tuisginideach

So ... pls explain in layman's terms ... I need to pay c.£2000 for a holiday . Pls tell me exactly what you can do for me. I am resident in Ireland.
14-04-2016, 09:51   #4
Verified representative

Hello

Thank you for your question.

Please click the register button above. You will receive an email requesting documents to confirm your identity. We will require a copy of your passport and a proof of address - utility bill within the last three months. Or alternatively email them to ireland@currenciesdirect.com

Once you are registered login to your online account. Click on make a transfer, select the amount (£2000) and the currency you will be paying in - Euro. Your live quote will let you know the exchange rate and how much the £2000 will cost in Euro.

To pay us make a bank transfer to our Euro account using your online banking. Add the bank account details for where you would like us to send the funds to and as soon as we receive your payment we will make the transfer straight away.

We have a team which can walk you through your first online transfer if you need any assistance.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Currencies Direct: Alex; 14-04-2016 at 10:21.
14-04-2016, 10:30   #5
tuisginideach

Thanks - I don't need to pay til next month but you have answered my query clearly - I now understand what the procedure will be.
Forum Closed