Forum Closed  

14-04-2015, 11:55   #1
Naturalife: Suzanne
Verified representative

Share Your #1 Natural Beauty Tip and WIN

Fast Beauty Fixes in Your Fridge

In need of a beauty fix ASAP? No doubt your dressing table is creaking with lotions and potions designed to fix every beauty ailment but sometimes the best solution is head to the kitchen, make a beeline for your fridge and simplify your beauty regimen. Here are our top fridge hacks, let us know your #1 natural beauty tip for your chance to WIN a 6 month supply of Udo’s Oil. Leave your answer in the comments and a winner will be selected on 30th April 2015.

Coconut Oil
Do you grab a coconut water to recharge after a workout? Makes sense! Coconut is one of the most hydrating fruits, and its oil (as found in Udo’s Oil) restores hair and skin moisture better than any beauty product out there. It’s great either as a leave-in conditioner or a massage oil for softening skin.

Pineapple
Are you noticing more and more that the skin under your eyes seem puffy and slightly swollen? Place a few pieces of pineapple under your eyes. This tropical fruit is loaded with alpha-hydroxy acids and bromelain, which help get rid of dead cells and tighten loose skin, respectively.

Sweet Potato
Skin looking a little lacklustre these days? Instead of reaching for that expensive face mask, reach for a sweet potato. This earthy veggie is chock-full of antioxidants and Vitamins A, B, and C that help improve the texture and tone of the skin. Boil a sweet potato and then mash it into a paste. Wear it for 10 minutes, then rinse and moisturize as normal.

Honey
The enzymes in raw honey help clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean. Plus, the antibacterial properties of honey and jojoba or coconut oil also prevent bacterial build up that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts. Simply stir one tablespoon of MGO™ Manuka Honey with two tablespoons of coconut oil until the mixture is a spreadable consistency. Apply to clean, dry skin, and massage gently in a circular motion, avoiding the eye area. Rinse with tepid water.

Pomegranate
Oil from the pomegranate seeds are packed with nutrients that regulate sebum and help regenerate cells. Blend the juice and seeds with almond or oat milk [in a 1:1 ratio]. Massage the mixture on the face, neck, and hands for three to five minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. It has gentle exfoliation and anti-inflammatory effects for naturally calmer, glowing skin.

Ginger
Got a hot date on the same day you wake up with a gnarly ingrown hair? Don’t stress, there’s an easy fix: ginger root. After peeling the root, rub the raw stick on the pimple or bump to gently exfoliate and balance the pH of the skin.

Udo’s Oil
Udo’s Oil is different to topical moisturisers; it works by supplying the body with the good fats it needs and cannot make, omega 3 and 6. These essential fats allow the skin cell membranes to hold onto water, working as an internal moisturiser; omega 3 also has an anti-inflammatory action (goodbye breakouts!) revealing beautiful skin from within. And at the same time the hair and nail cells benefit too. Hair gains a new lustre, and nails become flexible and strong. You can enjoy Udo’s Oil straight off the spoon or add to salad dressings, smoothies, soups, porridge and more or take 2-6 capsules daily.

Udo’s Oil is available in health stores, pharmacies and online.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pomegranate.jpg (17.3 KB, 365 views)
File Type: jpg Pineapple.jpg (14.5 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg Udo's-Oil.jpg (13.1 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg Whats-Your-beauty-tip.jpg (42.4 KB, 375 views)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-04-2015, 09:26   #2

Don't under estimate the importance of quality sleep.
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2015, 11:17   #3
NinetyForNone

Keep well hydrated.
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2015, 13:38   #4
Lia_lia

Homemade sugar scrub for exfoliating! Sugar, lemon juice + zest and coconut oil. Cheap and works very well.
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2015, 14:01   #5
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia_lia View Post
Homemade sugar scrub for exfoliating! Sugar, lemon juice + zest and coconut oil. Cheap and works very well.
Sounds lovely! Id say it smells amazing too!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-04-2015, 15:41   #6
DeltaWhite

For me, being a psoriasis sufferer, it has to be coarse sea salt mixed with extra virgin olive oil, using right before I jump in shower Helps clear up my skin better than any prescribed cream I've tried
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2015, 22:18   #7
Amazingfun

Using grass fed tallow as face cream ...it sounds weird but it's absolutely brilliant For a richer experience mix equal parts tallow and cocoa butter with a few drops of your fav essential oil: divine.
Thanks from:
16-04-2015, 20:21   #8
mandysoup

Coconut oil is my #1 for a lot of things - dry skin, chapped lips, tanning oil, massage oil, you name it! But since it was already mentioned in the post, I'll go with my second savior - rosemary oil. It's amazing for any issues regarding circulation and inflammation. I use it when my ankles swell up after long flights. A few drops mixed with coconut oil rubbed into the affected area does wonders!
Thanks from:
18-04-2015, 17:20   #9
zzxx

Apple cider vinegar. Mix with water and use it to rinse my hair before conditioner. Removes product residue and relieves any scalp issues. Love it!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-04-2015, 17:21   #10
copper04

Natural Exfoliator.
For a radiant complexion slice a few grapes in half and rub the cut sides over clean skin. The fruit acids act naturally to exfoliate the skin and give a lovely cool fresh effect.
Thanks from:
20-04-2015, 12:47   #11
magicbastarder

eat at least once per day to ensure you're getting nutrition.
Thanks from:
21-04-2015, 02:29   #12
WoollyRedHat

Mix Lemon juice, Sea salt and baking soda into a paste to whiten your teeth.
Thanks from:
21-04-2015, 08:19   #13
copper04

Natural hair Conditioner.
Mix one egg and a mashed up banana. Apply it as a thick paste to your hair and leave it on for 10 – 30 minutes.ny
You will be amazed with the results, hair will be soft with a lovely sheen.
Thanks from:
21-04-2015, 12:18   #14

Dry Brushing works wonders on my skin. It really helps to stimulate circulation as well as slough away any dead skin cells. It's a must for me every day when I'm preparing for bikini season.
Thanks from:
30-04-2015, 14:26   #15
Verified representative

Congratulations to DeltaWhite - our Natural Beauty Tip Winner!! A six month supply of gorgeous Udo's Oil is on its way to you! Thanks everyone for sharing your super tips!
Forum Closed