Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster hunter rise

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've only been playing sporadically, and had hit my first 'wall' on Magnamalo! Think it took me around 5 attempts, over three different days, but finally beat him this evening!

So that's the intro levels done! :D

Tutorial finished so, arf arf :)

You definitely hit a point where you need to keep on top of your gear. Hunts get a lot more exciting when you can actually get carted for small mistakes.

I'm about 60 hrs in and really enjoying the hub stuff. Mostly play with randoms and its hit and miss whether you get into a decent group or not but very enjoyable.

Best 50 quid I've spent in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Longing

Easily best game of the year for me. 300+ hrs great fun switching up gear and decorations to maximise your build. Just finished a dragon build with dual blades unstoppable against dragons, but I'm snookered against the other elite monsters.

Longing wrote: »
    Easily best game of the year for me. 300+ hrs great fun switching up gear and decorations to maximise your build. Just finished a dragon build with dual blades unstoppable against dragons, but I'm snookered against the other elite monsters.

Wow, 300 hours, have you slept yet :)

I've played World and MHGU but never got into the whole grind of farming for decorations and that. Really enjoying it in Rise though. Have a few builds I'm putting together and enjoying farming for the right pieces and deco's for them. Stuck with one weapon in the other games but branching out a lot more in Rise.

Have a nice Longsword and Hammer build and working on Dual Blades build now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm still running with my charge blades, as I just love them, but definitely going to try out some of the other weapons on the earlier quests to see how they handle. Never really tried any of the distance weapons, so may start there!

Also haven't gone outside of the village quests yet, never dipped my toe into hub/online quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Planning on doing my urgent village quest to get to 7* quests later. Running dual blades but haven't looked into any builds yet, kinda just going with whatever has the highest damage number at the moment. My first MH game but loving it so far overall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have hit HR40 so just about to fight the last of the current creatures, will likely take a bit of a rest from it then until the May update hits (aside from a hunt or two with friends). To have put 80 hours into a game in the course of a month or so is just something I haven’t done in years - and loving it :) The hub quests really are the real game, and it’s great that the special licence tests allow you to jump straight (well, one rampage aside!) to HR4 after the single player stuff. Really good-natured online community as well, partially because Nintendo’s online infrastructure is so locked down but just feels great to play co-op with randomers.

I started with sword & shield but moved to hunting horn early on and haven’t looked back. The rampage agitato IV/V are just heal machines while doing a fair amount of damage in the process. Tempted to give the bow a try but not sure delving into another weapon is what my free time needs right now :p

Update 3.0 is live today folks for anyone like myself looking for a reason to dip back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Spent 30 mins for fighting a Tigrex on 6 star village quest. Tough fight and was getting near the end, had the blue icon to capture it, it was slowing down but i got lazy and he knocked me down, didn't get a chance to heal up and he killed me. Quest failed and back to town. Gutted after such a long fight but still absolutely loving the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Wow, I picked this up the other day and got to the credits already. I’m by no means a monster hunter expert but I’ve played and enjoyed a couple of them on 3ds and world/ice borne on PS4. I’ve never actually reached the credits before on any of them! I guess there are still quests to do, but it was a surprise. I’m enjoying the game a lot, but I don’t think I’m enjoying it as much as world, I’m not sure I actually like the palamute thingy as it just ends up a game of chase and the monsters only really go between two areas as far as I can see. I quite like the hunt and the chase in world, in rise there isn’t much point in the monster running away as you’re basically just as fast as it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Monster Hunter Digital Event - March 2022

Discover Elgado and its biggest threats from the Monster Hunter Digital Event - March 2022:

🔥💧Garangolm

🐺 Lunagaron

🐉 Malzeno

🍊 Blood Orange Bishaten

⚡ Astalos

⚓ Elgado

🏰 Citadel

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak arrives on Nintendo Switch and PC / Steam on June 30, 2022.

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - The Three Lords Trailer

Team up with the Knights of the Royal Order and face the biggest threats yet: Garangolm, Lunagaron and Malzeno!

• Advertisement
Advertisement