06-12-2020, 22:05   #16
Agent Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
Well a hero set in London seems like a certainty anyway; it's the last Hollywood producers "foreign locale" of choice alongside Paris.. Hmmm where else... guess it depends on what markets are worth placating.
It looks like they are going to follow the Netflix pattern of making shows in there big markets to keep the local money rolling in and not rely on US shows alone.
Advertisement
07-12-2020, 09:27   #17
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy View Post
Well as long as their research on Ireland improves if a previous post I made is anything to go by. The issue is from 2012.
The big two's portrayal of Ireland/ the Irish is very scattershot. It depends who's writing at the time. While insulting depending on how you look at it, Cassidy from Preacher is at least phonetically accurate, and they bothered to do historical research with his backstory.

I'd like to say it's gotten better recently, but actually it's only gotten rarer. The X-Men are going through a big renaissance right now and you only really see Black Tom out of the entire Cassidy (Cassidy is apparently the only name they're aware of) family, and he's barely portrayed as Irish as he's insane from being part of an island's body (long story don't worry about it).

Never forget the first characters to ever call Wolverine Logan were Irish Leprechauns
11-01-2021, 22:27   #18
Agent Coulson

Joe Barton Joins HBO Max’s TV Series As Showrunner Following Terence Winter Departure

Quote:
Giri/Haji creator Joe Barton is heading to Gotham to take over showrunning duties on HBO Max’s upcoming The Batman TV series.

The British writer has joined the series as showrunner and exec producer following the departure of Terence Winter in November.

It was understood that the Boardwalk Empire creator left the series, which is a companion to Matt Reeves Batman feature film, over creative differences.

Barton is best known for creating Tokyo and London-set crime drama Giri/Haji for Netflix and the BBC. He also wrote on AMC and Channel 4 sci-fi drama Humans and Netflix and BBC epic drama Troy: Fall of a City. Other projects include Sky thriller Extinction and an adaptation of Sally Green’s Half Bad with Andy Serkis for Netflix.....
https://deadline.com/2021/01/joe-bar...re-1234661907/
27-01-2021, 03:53   #19
dublinman1990

Online rumors are saying Batman The Animated Series is to be revived with a new series for it's 30th anniversary next year.

Quote:
With the recent migration over to HBO Max, as well as a revival with a new comic series, Batman: The Animated Series has been making quite the resurgence. According to Kevin Smith, this continuation of the beloved animated show might carry on with the possibility of a new season being in the works for release on HBO Max.

In last Saturday’s episode of the podcast Fatman Beyond, co-hosts Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin talked briefly about the rumor regarding a new season of B:TAS, with Smith playing coy about its validity.
https://theculturednerd.org/2021/01/...s-for-hbo-max/
Thanks from:
20-03-2021, 12:37   #20
Doctor DooM

Really enjoyed the new version of Justice League.

Very glad it wasn't done to the original plan, I think I would have been all out on DC if the plan of having it as 2 films, the first ending with a fight against Superman, had of happened.

That's just done to death if you're into DCU stuff. I just need to see Supes beating up some bad guys
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-03-2021, 19:16   #21
The White Wolf

I'd actually be fine if this was it now for Snyder and DC. I'm so glad the guy got closure with a film that I'd but on par with Endgame bar the latter having one of the best scenes of the whole genre.

But having read Snyder's plans for sequels, I think it's going to be too far down the rabbit hole. For Superman in particular I just don't want to see that story come to fruition.

However I wouldn't say no to a Leto/Affleck showpiece on HBO Max because they both just seem to *get* the dynamic between the characters. Ideally it would be a different timeline to the Knightmare one but I'd even watch that.
Thanks from:
22-03-2021, 08:38   #22
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
I'd actually be fine if this was it now for Snyder and DC. I'm so glad the guy got closure with a film that I'd but on par with Endgame bar the latter having one of the best scenes of the whole genre.

But having read Snyder's plans for sequels, I think it's going to be too far down the rabbit hole. For Superman in particular I just don't want to see that story come to fruition.

However I wouldn't say no to a Leto/Affleck showpiece on HBO Max because they both just seem to *get* the dynamic between the characters. Ideally it would be a different timeline to the Knightmare one but I'd even watch that.
Yeah I'm glad Fisher and Snyder got their happy ending and I'm glad we finally have something watchable for the League. But I don't think going further down the Snyder rabbit hole would be a great thing, people are forgetting how we got here in the first place

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion