25-10-2019, 14:00   #16
pixelburp

Every time I see this thread has been bumped, I get a little surprised at how a longstanding Boards.ie member got his own movie
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2019, 16:38   #17
The White Wolf

Can't see Feige being open to anyone's vision other than his own for Doom. It's pretty critical they get the character right so you can pretty much guarantee it will be a safe, crowd and fan pleasing, portrayal.

And there's absolutely nothing bloody wrong with that. Doom is crying out for for a straightforward approach.
28-10-2019, 13:34   #18
Doctor DooM

Doom could be utterly phenomenal for the MCU. We've discussed it here before, imagine him showing up randomly in a film, and having no idea if he'll help or hinder the protagonists, always with his own inscrutable interests behind his actions.
Thanks from:
28-10-2019, 15:00   #19
The White Wolf

I read some supposed leak which suggests they want to give the character a Disney + show before he's introduced into the MCU.
29-10-2019, 09:46   #20
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
I read some supposed leak which suggests they want to give the character a Disney + show before he's introduced into the MCU.
His Iron Man run (Tony is dead and he's in one of his more philanthropic moods so he wears a kinda hybrid Iron Doom armour much to the annoyance of pretty much everyone) might work for that with some adjustments.
Advertisement
10-12-2019, 15:54   #21
Brief_Lives

Some of the click bait sites are suggesting Doom could be the villain in the second Black Panther movie....
11-12-2019, 00:22   #22
Slydice

Is he gonna kill BP or is this a demotion?
11-12-2019, 08:39   #23
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydice View Post
Is he gonna kill BP or is this a demotion?
Why would it be a demotion? BP is one of the few characters Doom might consider even approaching an equal in the MCU. He's a brave king of a technologically advanced nation who looks after his people. That's how Doom likes to think of himself.

That also means he's someone Doom would want to destroy. Plus all that vibranium would make for snazzy armour. Also lest we forget Doom grew up as part of a hated minority, so perhaps he would feel for Killmonger's position.

Remember Doom is Marvel's omnivillain. Depending on his mood he can be a persistent overwhelming threat or ally (Iron Man Doom is an amazing run by Bendis) to virtually anyone or anything in Marvel. He's not just a FF villain, not for a long time.
Thanks from:
11-12-2019, 09:02   #24
jim o doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor DooM View Post
Doom could be utterly phenomenal for the MCU. We've discussed it here before, imagine him showing up randomly in a film, and having no idea if he'll help or hinder the protagonists, always with his own inscrutable interests behind his actions.
For some strange reason I feel like you may be slightly biased.. but I agree, it would be awesome, he has alternated between classic villain shenanigans and helping the heroes for his own reasons.. and many times eventually betraying them, it's what makes Doom so much fun.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2019, 09:45   #25
The White Wolf

It would be a smart play to introduce Doom separate from the FF if the plan is to have him as the major villain of multiple phases. No better way to put a full stop on the Fox iterations.
11-12-2019, 09:50   #26
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim o doom View Post
For some strange reason I feel like you may be slightly biased.. but I agree, it would be awesome, he has alternated between classic villain shenanigans and helping the heroes for his own reasons.. and many times eventually betraying them, it's what makes Doom so much fun.
I don't know what you mean. Nice name by the way!

Yeah the most fun thing about Doom is his unpredictability. Like the following is an accurate representation of a couple of arcs from him:

I HATE RICHARDS I WILL DO EVERYTHING TO RUIN HIS LIFE AND SHAKE HIS BELIEF IN HIMSELF INCLUDING WEARING A MAGIC SUIT OF ARMOUR MADE OUT OF AN EX GIRLFRIEND BUT ok I will help deliver his baby and swear never to harm her and in fact I'm basically her uncle Victor but HA I HAD TO DELIVER YOUR BABY DICKHEAD NOW YOU HAVE TO OWN THAT but also I will defend the entire FF to the death from Celestials so they know I did and have to own that but also because I vowed to protect them.

Last edited by Doctor DooM; 11-12-2019 at 09:54.
(2) thanks from:
11-12-2019, 21:29   #27
Slydice

Quote:
Why would it be a demotion?
I guess I leaned more in this direction than the other..

Quote:
he can be a persistent overwhelming threat
Like I had the impression of Doom being beyond Cap/BP
12-12-2019, 09:03   #28
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydice View Post

Like I had the impression of Doom being beyond Cap/BP
Doom would certainly consider himself beyond them. However, one of the funniest comics I've ever read involves Cap being tasked as Doom's official security detail (much to his annoyance) to get him through an airport in New York, while Peter Parker is waiting to welcome MJ off a plane in the same terminal.

The entire point to Doom in the modern day is he is a political threat(monarch of his own country, diplomatic immunity), a physical one (as strong as Iron Man), a mystical one (potential chosen one), scientific threat (as smart as Reed Richards- almost), and even a street level one (many a hero has beaten Doom randomly up to something only to find it's a Doombot).He can be slotted in anywhere, sometimes as an ally of the protagonist even. If anything he's used too often, leading to jokes like Squirrel Girl always having his number!
(2) thanks from:
18-12-2019, 03:53   #29
Ridley

Before the Fox buyout I thought it would have been fun to build Doom in the background of a rebooted FF trilogy.

So the first film is an offhand mention by Richards of some guy at university who was on the cusp of cracking time travel before it backfired. Then a TV screen somewhere says "Fortunov family deposed in Latverian coup" in the second. Final film is reveal of Doom messing with history but FF are immune due to cosmic rays or some such. The idea being that Doom was planning to save his mother in the past (not from hell) before he got distracted by blaming Richards for X, Y and Z.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion