Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Bosch dishwasher

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

I hope someone can steer me in the right direction regarding a new dishwasher purchase. Our old De Dietrich is due for replacement and I've had a quick look around the local electrical stores; I've looked at three brands in particular Siemens, Bosch and Neff (I know they are all part of the same manufacturing group etc). I fancied one machine in particular a Bosch SMV69T20GB, which features low noise rating and water consumption plus all the extra programmes and features you could possibly want. I'm being offered this at around €700, which is my maximum budget. However I have some niggles, is this an older model and if so should I be getting a better deal on it? I'm not sure about the cutlery tray either. I also looked at a more basic model Bosch for around €420 and some fine looking Neff and Siemens machines at the €500 level, all with lower specs than the Bosch, but I hear good reports about these brands too. Any help or feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A quick search on Google throws up two quick facts....

1. It's on the did.ie website but 'no longer available'

2. There is a review on the which.co.uk website which says it was launched in Jan 2011 which answers one of the questions you asked.....

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/kitchen/reviews/dishwashers/bosch-smv69t20gb/review/

No surprise that even though it's a 2011 model, it's still for sale on the Currys website, that's par for the course for all of the stores in the DSG group.......

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/built-in-appliances/integrated-dishwashers/dishwashers/bosch-logixx-smv69t20gb-full-size-integrated-dishwasher-11558962-pdt.html

It is not a current model on the Bosch UK website, the current equivalent is SMV69T30GB...

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/our-products/dishwashers/fullsize-dishwashers/dishwasher-range/SMV69T30GB.html?source=browse

The moral of the story is to always go to the manufacturer's website to see if what you're being offered is current or last year or even the previous year's model. If I was you I wouldn't spend that much on a dishwasher, especially for a 2011 model. This one is €500 on DID and is a current model..

http://www.did.ie/bosch-60cm-fully-integrated-dishwasher-smv53a00gb-prd
    http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/our-products/dishwashers/fullsize-dishwashers/dishwasher-range/SMV53A00GB.html?source=browse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Re: the cutlery tray....it is fantastic! you will never look back once you have one.

We have the latest toppist of the rangest Bosch fully integrated dishwasher whatever the model number is and it is wonderful, from the 29 minute quick wash down to the moveable trays. And yes we use the quick wash for nearly everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I went for a Siemens model in the end, along with a new induction hob, both on offer so happy enough price wise. The induction hob is fantastic, so much better than the old ceramic hob we had. Happy enough with the dishwasher- nice features and functionality (including cutlery tray), although I did expect it to be a little quieter. Only downside was the "instruction sheet" for fitting- all diagrams and not a word of english (universal instruction sheet for all countries I suppose) to help explain the fitting! This is grand when you're fitting these every week for a living but for a once-off every 10 years or so not so good! Hopefully both will outlast their predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Did you find the instruction sheet confusing? It is actually one of the easiest of all once you study it , lay the template on the inside of your wooden door mark position of the two bottom locating lugs, then fit it to door of d/w and screw in the s/s torx screws that are supplied, only a 2 min job but a bit of a head scratcher if you missed the template

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Did you find the instruction sheet confusing? It is actually one of the easiest of all once you study it , lay the template on the inside of your wooden door mark position of the two bottom locating lugs, then fit it to door of d/w and screw in the s/s torx screws that are supplied, only a 2 min job but a bit of a head scratcher if you missed the template

I am afraid we cheated and the dishwasher was fitted by the kitchen man as we had it as part of a new kitchen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement