Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the oldest virgin you know?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

anto9 wrote: »
    I am still a virgin at 62 .(not even had an anal probe ) .Whats it like ?Is it as good as they say ?

Its very overrated and I don't care much for it, or maybe I/or my partners were just bad at it..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Fags.

A modern day, adult virgin is odd to say the least. I'd be wary of such a person and would do my utmost to not ever stand next to them.

Yes all virgins are dangerous homosexuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Fags.
    Ah, the mask slips. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

My aunt is a nun, she's 70 and probably a virgin. It's not something I could openly ask her.

You should ask her to open up to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's a "return to sender unopened" situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

All those movies selling us the myth that losing your virginity is a life-changing event, after which you will officially be a "man" or "woman", as if you weren't before. Porky's, American Pie, Easy A, you name it. The whole thing has been over-hyped, and I still remember my disappointment that I wasn't somehow "manlier" or taken more seriously. You're still the same person you were, before and after you pop that cork. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

bnt wrote: »
    All those movies selling us the myth that losing your virginity is a life-changing event, after which you will officially be a "man" or "woman", as if you weren't before. Porky's, American Pie, Easy A, you name it. The whole thing has been over-hyped, and I still remember my disappointment that I wasn't somehow "manlier" or taken more seriously. You're still the same person you were, before and after you pop that cork. :rolleyes:
    And you can still feel nervous or excited as hell when it's the first time with a particular person, even if it isn't your first time overall.
    The age you lose it don't mean sh-t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

bnt wrote: »

Every single major life event I've experienced thus far, has been exactly like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The thing about "putting the work" into meeting someone is that it's bloody demoralising unless you make any sort of progress.... Personally, I find it easier to pursue interests that I enjoy as opposed to propping up a bar in the vain hope someone will find me attractive.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The concept of virginity is a patriarchal construct designed to label women as property for use by men.

Down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

^ Right on citizen ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

catallus wrote: »
    The concept of virginity is a patriarchal construct designed to label women as property for use by men.

Down with this sort of thing.
    To be fair, it did serve a primitive purpose: it was a guarantee that you weren't (a) rlddled with The Clap or (b) knocked up with some other man's foetus. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

The thing about "putting the work" into meeting someone is that it's bloody demoralising unless you make any sort of progress.... Personally, I find it easier to pursue interests that I enjoy as opposed to propping up a bar in the vain hope someone will find me attractive.

Yeah it kind of reaches a point where you just say fook it. At that stage you're probably not in the best frame of mind to meet someone anyway. You're more likely to be relaxed when you're doing an interest you enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I know a 29 year old girl who's a virgin. Very attractive as well but she's got a bad attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Don't know on account of me not being a weirdo who asks whether people are virgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yeah it kind of reaches a point where you just say fook it. At that stage you're probably not in the best frame of mind to meet someone anyway. You're more likely to be relaxed when you're doing an interest you enjoy.

True. My interests are mainly solitary which doesn't help.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Part of my problem (except a complete lack of interest in sexual activity of any kind) is even the few times someone has been interested in me, I lack the skills to woo them, so to speak.

True. My interests are mainly solitary which doesn't help.

Try meetup.com. The best thing I ever did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Seriously, I ain't in no way a Brad Pitt lookalike but a little bit of self esteem and a thick skin goes really dam far.

Try meetup.com. The best thing I ever did.

I've been to a few of them. I just found it exhausting even though everyone was really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

Taboola wrote: »
    I know a 29 year old girl who's a virgin. Very attractive as well but she's got a bad attitude.

Keeps saying no does she? Flipping cheek of her!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

The fcuks her problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Faith+1 wrote: »
    The fcuks her problem?

Finds faults in everyone. Her longest relationship was 3 weeks when she was 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

Father Jack Hackett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Finds faults in everyone. Her longest relationship was 3 weeks when she was 18.

Isn't that every woman?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

There may have been a lot of bum sex Friday night, butt the vast majority of them are technically virgins! Never thought of it that way, now did ye!

Elton John isn't a virgin though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

In Sept 2013, I was dragged..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Ask anyone in priest or nun hood, they might lie about it though...

Advertisement