Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise from hotpoint fridge

• 14-11-2013 6:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

I'm going through the 7 year curse, we bought everything for our new house then and things are breaking.

My hotpoint fridge is making a vibration sound, its very loud and is driving us all mad. It goes away sometimes.

Can anybody give any advice on this before I go mad.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

make sure it is sitting steady on the floor, otherwise pull it out and press your hand around the condenser in the back until you find the spot where it is vibrating, as a diy repair a piece of aeroboard wedged down inside the vibrating section will cure it, it needs to be running when doing the check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Anyway I fixed this . I can only assume I had over filled freezer side of fridge freezer. I took panel off in freezer side and loads of heavy ice had built up. Put a hair drier to it and after 15/20 mins put it back together. Working fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

sounds as though you have a frost free, it should have defrosted automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

sounds as though you have a frost free, it should have defrosted automatically.

yeh, the one thing that i did was over fill it . i was defrosting the main freezer so i packed it up big time, i decided to then just leave it off for a few days and use up all the food that was in fridge freezer to try rotating food a bit better cause lots had been there a good while.

I did here the noise come back a very small bit a few days ago but its gone again now . ill just have to keep an eye on it.

Advertisement