Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm terrible at reading the final circle. When I won the solo (the post is just an excuse to mention this again) I was running towards it and took a wrong turn and ended up in the gas. I was so confused I didn't know what was happening. I got out with all my armour cracked and a sliver of health, like a breeze would have killed me.

I'd be hopeless in a real war. All my sense and reason goes awol in those final few moments.

Its the panic,

I once ran INTO a cluster strike with 4 people left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

we got a 2nd place finish last night, and to be fair to the lads, they baited me beautifully, it was 3v3, we had 23 kills racked up, and were on the hill between military base and monument. Id broken armor several times on the lads up the hill, but they'd managed to take out my 2 teammates.
    For a finish, they sent one of their teammates out towards me, and as soon as I peeked to take him, one of the lads up the hill sniped me dead. I wasn't even mad because they'd played It so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its the panic,

i ran into a truck and accidentally called a cluster strike on myself once (messed up the aim, got 3 kills from it so wasnt complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It's definitely a bit of luck, and a bit of cool headedness.
    Once it's down to the second loadout drop, try and mark off where they fall. Assume if there's a building, it's already spoken for.
    Mark off any rocks/trees before you move, and make sure they're within the circle before you move to them.

If you can help it, try make your way to the tight side of the circle, that way you can assume all your enemies are gonna be coming towards you from the wide closing side.

I've also set up about eight different Loadouts for different purposes. I think I've developed OCD with them.
    Two with Overkill for Early Game, if I'm buying a loadout before the free one drops (AR/SMG)
    M4 Ghost for my Standard Free Drop (Pila for Teams, Pistol for Solos)
    An SMG Ghost (with a pistol that has Fully Loaded for an ammo refill), for the free drop if i've already got my M4.

Two post-Gulag classes with Fully Loaded
    An Overkill Class for late game in Teams. (M4 & Kilo)
    And a Fully Loaded Ghost Class for late game in Solos

My KD ratio is about 0.75, but just based on the last week, it's closer to 1.3, with a few wins to boot and I definitely put that down the the loadout set-up. Or my gold gun camo. Probably the gun camo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd consider myself OCD for loadouts and class set ups but fair play to you for the level of thought you put into them.
    I'm playing a lot of solos now so don't risk going for more than one. I mean anything that's campable in solos has a camper attached, usually more than one.
    Luckily I love the CR-AMX, it's brutal up close and even pretty decent at range, typically a floor loot shottie, they really need to nerf that. EOD, Ghost and Amped or Shrapnel.

• Advertisement

i like running restock in trios/quads,

handy for pushing buildings with stuns/c4s

It's definitely a bit of luck, and a bit of cool headedness.
    Once it's down to the second loadout drop, try and mark off where they fall. Assume if there's a building, it's already spoken for.
    Mark off any rocks/trees before you move, and make sure they're within the circle before you move to them.

If you can help it, try make your way to the tight side of the circle, that way you can assume all your enemies are gonna be coming towards you from the wide closing side.

I've also set up about eight different Loadouts for different purposes. I think I've developed OCD with them.
    Two with Overkill for Early Game, if I'm buying a loadout before the free one drops (AR/SMG)
    M4 Ghost for my Standard Free Drop (Pila for Teams, Pistol for Solos)
    An SMG Ghost (with a pistol that has Fully Loaded for an ammo refill), for the free drop if i've already got my M4.

Two post-Gulag classes with Fully Loaded
    An Overkill Class for late game in Teams. (M4 & Kilo)
    And a Fully Loaded Ghost Class for late game in Solos

My KD ratio is about 0.75, but just based on the last week, it's closer to 1.3, with a few wins to boot and I definitely put that down the the loadout set-up. Or my gold gun camo. Probably the gun camo.

My tip for loadouts,
    I dont generally wait till the free drop for ghost, I'll usually go with my meta kilo class, and have one with fully loaded and one without. The floor loot smgs and shotguns are good enough and plentiful enough that I dont struggle for a secondary.

if I do have the luxury of a 2nd loadout, I've an mp5 set up with full attachments, and a pistol with fully loaded perk. - the ammo for the pistol does the mp5, so its like getting free fully loaded, if you follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

going off that trailer,

i hope that setting people on fire is a new finishing move/execution unlocked in s6

campers gonna burn

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Slightly terrified that they connect the bunkers with underground tunnels which will no doubt be a substantial increase in storage space required. Final circles above the tunnel lines would suck too.

But enough negativity, I can't wait to see what guns/maps we get with this season.

• Advertisement

Doff wrote: »
    Slightly terrified that they connect the bunkers with underground tunnels which will no doubt be a substantial increase in storage space required. Final circles above the tunnel lines would suck too.

But enough negativity, I can't wait to see what guns/maps we get with this season.

AS VAL assault rifle and AA-12 shotgun rumoured to be in the battlepass, and a sniper to be unlocked mid season

think their will be a gunfight map based in the tunnels for 2v2 / 3v3

i dont think the bunkers will be linked just the 7(?) subway stations

still will be a hefty update, about 90gb or so i reckon

It'll be interesting to see what way the gas works with the tunnels, you could get caught out very easily if there isn't plentiful ways to get above ground, its bad enough getting stuck by unclimbable rocks, let alone solid tunnel walls!

It'll be interesting to see what way the gas works with the tunnels, you could get caught out very easily if there isn't plentiful ways to get above ground, its bad enough getting stuck by unclimbable rocks, let alone solid tunnel walls!

there might be like some access shafts or similar as the distance between the stations,

like on the Azhir cave map where you have the ladder you can drop down to one of the caves to get in

I have a feeling they'll be like the stadium where you go there a few times before you realise it's not a good idea. How is the stadium these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Penfailed

When is the update coming?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    When is the update coming?

next tuesday (29th)

I think there's about a week for the current battlepass , so assume double treble xp this weekend and reset next week.

I think there's about a week for the current battlepass , so assume double treble xp this weekend and reset next week.

yeah double XP weekend this week

handy for leveling up guns etc

I really wish there was double longshot xp for the camos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I play quads mostly.
    And it boils my piss when lads die and they just leave and don't wait to be bought back .
    It happens a bit to me where I'm 5-10min in and I'm left on my tod.
    :mad:

• Advertisement

paw patrol wrote: »
    I play quads mostly.
    And it boils my piss when lads die and they just leave and don't wait to be bought back .

While I have won a couple with randoms with my brother and one of those mini WZs going total random, the vast majority of times playing with randoms will be negative. Eventually you'll meet up with some decent people and my even play with them regularly but you have to go into it with the mindset, anything can happen.
    I'm playing a lot of solos (I even won one, have I mentioned that?) it's rough, I see many comments likening it to a horror game which is very true but I do love/hate solos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

paw patrol wrote: »
    I play quads mostly.

Same, I find it's frustrating to play with randoms because of it, so just started playing solos instead. Sometimes you'll drop in, someone will die in that initially flurry and rage quit before even Gulag.

I remember having another lad quit while I was halfway through a Most Wanted in a chopper. You're just thinking "Mate, you'll be back in less than two minutes, and you'll be dropping in on your loadout" Idiots.

Won a game of Kingslayers with randoms, but never a Battle Royale, don't think I'll fix that trend any time soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its the panic,

Twice in the last week I've run into my own precision airstrike...

First on was a classic - airstrike a rooftop and then climb up there, only I was a little too quick.

the latest intel mission suggets the nuke in bunker 10 under Park has been armed and will blow up the map in preperation for BO Cold War(zone)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Does anyone else hate C4? Both using it and dying to it? My least favourite thing is throwing C4, tapping the use key twice to detonate it quickly. Picking up a gun on the ground instead. Why is it so clunky?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does anyone else hate C4? Both using it and dying to it? My least favourite thing is throwing C4, tapping the use key twice to detonate it quickly. Picking up a gun on the ground instead. Why is it so clunky?

I think you can tap the 'throw c4' button twice as well for the same effect
    also, if you go to the settings and change the interact behaviour to 'contextual tap' that may solve that issue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think you can tap the 'throw c4' button twice as well for the same effect
    also, if you go to the settings and change the interact behaviour to 'contextual tap' that may solve that issue also.

Read this too. Always just throws the second C4. Have died probably 5 times by throwing the second C4 instead of detonating the first 1.

contextual tap and c4 is very dangerous if you're trying to pick up a c4 you already threw, badly
    approach with full armour only

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I remember having another lad quit while I was halfway through a Most Wanted in a chopper. You're just thinking "Mate, you'll be back in less than two minutes, and you'll be dropping in on your loadout" Idiots. .

All the time. They obviously don't know how it works. Same as the lads who keep pushing "pay station here*. The amount of times I've tried most wanted to bring the full team back and they quit in the last minute. And you're thinking, great, I've a higher chance of dying now for no reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

While I have won a couple with randoms with my brother and one of those mini WZs going total random, the vast majority of times playing with randoms will be negative. Eventually you'll meet up with some decent people and my even play with them regularly but you have to go into it with the mindset, anything can happen.
    I'm playing a lot of solos (I even won one, have I mentioned that?) it's rough, I see many comments likening it to a horror game which is very true but I do love/hate solos.
    Same, I find it's frustrating to play with randoms because of it, so just started playing solos instead. Sometimes you'll drop in, someone will die in that initially flurry and rage quit before even Gulag.

I remember having another lad quit while I was halfway through a Most Wanted in a chopper. You're just thinking "Mate, you'll be back in less than two minutes, and you'll be dropping in on your loadout" Idiots.

Won a game of Kingslayers with randoms, but never a Battle Royale, don't think I'll fix that trend any time soon either.

at least i'm not alone in my rage!

I'd try meet people online but i'm not a daily player - I fight with 3 kids/teens for the PS too and they don't play COD :confused:

that said when you get a good team that carries each other it's a great buzz.

Advertisement