Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test and COVID

• 22-09-2020 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all. I have a driving test next Thursday after waiting quite a while. My problem is I’ve had to book in for a covid test tomorrow as I’ve been in contact with someone who’s had the virus.

My question is, if I’m positive and obviously have to cancel/postpone, will I waive my fee and have to rebook as it will be less that 10 days to the test (it’s currently 9 days away)? And if they allow a reschedule, will I go straight back on the emergency/cancellation list or would I need to ring to go back on it?

Also, another quick one presuming I’m fine (I feel fine) and can do it. Have there been many changes to the driving tests during these covid times? I presume face masks of course. But is there any change to the test, the questions beforehand, the distance and length of the route taken, etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Even if your test is negative you will have to self isolate for the 14 days. You will be able to reschedule your test without waiving your fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭QJJQJDE

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Even if your test is negative you will have to self isolate for the 14 days. You will be able to reschedule your test without waiving your fee.

If your test is negative, you should isolate until you have had no symptoms for 48 hours.

I imagine people would typically test themselves because they show symptoms of corona, and if it comes back negative and then you show no symptoms for 48 hours afterwards, I think you're in the clear. It's if you got tested for corona as a close contact and show no symptoms that you should isolate, as your symptoms could possibly not appear for up to 14 days

QJJQJDE wrote: »
    If your test is negative, you should isolate until you have had no symptoms for 48 hours.

I imagine people would typically test themselves because they show symptoms of corona, and if it comes back negative and then you show no symptoms for 48 hours afterwards, I think you're in the clear. It's if you got tested for corona as a close contact and show no symptoms that you should isolate, as your symptoms could possibly not appear for up to 14 days

OP has stated that he is a close contact of a positive case. If that is correct then he needs to self isolate for 14 days from last contact with the positive case regardless of a negative test.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭QJJQJDE

OP has stated that he is a close contact of a positive case. If that is correct then he needs to self isolate for 14 days from last contact with the positive case regardless of a negative test.

Aw poop, it appears I need to learn to read. Sorry about that, in that case what you said is true. My apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Oh I see. Didn’t realise that. Thought the test (if negative) would be sufficient. Looks like I’ll have to reschedule. To clarify the contact was not particularly “close” and was pretty much just in the same building for 30 mins, but still better to be safe.

• Advertisement

Rosstopher wrote: »
    Oh I see. Didn’t realise that. Thought the test (if negative) would be sufficient. Looks like I’ll have to reschedule. To clarify the contact was not particularly “close” and was pretty much just in the same building for 30 mins, but still better to be safe.

Were you contacted via the HSE contact tracing team?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Were you contacted via the HSE contact tracing team?

No this was my own observation after somebody I know was positive. I was in “contact” with them but not within any “close” distance or contact as such.

Anyway, my result is negative. I’m going to make a call today to get some advice on how to handle this and ask a health professional on how to proceed and discuss the nature of the “contact” in full. As of course this won’t just affect my driving test but other things too.

Thanks again for the help!

Rosstopher wrote: »
    No this was my own observation after somebody I know was positive. I was in “contact” with them but not within any “close” distance or contact as such.

Anyway, my result is negative. I’m going to make a call today to get some advice on how to handle this and ask a health professional on how to proceed and discuss the nature of the “contact” in full. As of course this won’t just affect my driving test but other things too.

Thanks again for the help!

As I see it unless you had more than 15 mins exposure within two metres of a positive case then you are ok. If you weren't contacted by the HSE then you should be ok but clear it with a health professional too.

Advertisement