Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken water pipe on fridge - seal or replace

Options
  • 21-09-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

I have a fridge with an attachment for water, the pipe that feeds that water has split so whenever I press the button on the fridge for cold water it comes shooting out of the crack too. I've attached a beautiful photo of the cracked pipe.

Question is whether I could seal with some sealant or would that be hazardous? I Replace the whole pipe is probably more complicated so hoping to avoid it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

tphase wrote: »
    replacing the pipe may not be difficult depending on how it connects into that black fitting. The other end is just a push fit and easy to remake.
    If the end near the crack is also a push fit, you might have enough pipe to cut at the crack and push it in (pull the pipe out first before you cut)

Oh yeah, good thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

I would replace, even though it might be more difficult. As the pipe split already any repair is likely to be temporary. Peace of mind = replace imho.

Advertisement