Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's Summer Camps - Tubbercurry area

Options
  • 04-05-2015 12:29am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Would anyone know of any summer camps/ general activities for primary school children around Tubber for July/August?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anyone??

Even some ideas as to where I could get more information would be great...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jimmy2pens

Don't know if your child is into sport, there is a GAA 'Cul Camp' 20th -24th July in Tubbercurry, look up www.gaa.ie/kelloggsculcamps then select 'sligo' there are some contact details there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's great Jimmy2Pens, I'll start from there. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 genuinevisitor

Call into the Tourist Information office & community office beside Teach Laighne (Library) Humbert Street before 2p.m Mon - Fri.
    The South Sligo Summer School of traditional music song & dance July 12th - 18th classes every day for all ages. Wild Wet Adventures have water sport programmes during the Summer months for children. A chap is starting Cricket in Tubbercurry shortly flyers are in shop windows around town.

Thanks for that, I will.

I should have also mentioned it's for people who do not drive, so the 'Wild and Wet Adventures' might not be an option.

Are there any arts and crafts activities around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

New Home wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would anyone know of any summer camps/ general activities for primary school children around Tubber for July/August?

Thanks. :)

Real Tubber do a very good soccer camp every summer. Used to be in St Attracta's but I think this year it'll be at the pitches on mountain Road. Last year it was on 5th-8th of August so I'd guess similar dates this summer. Contact the lads on the Facebook for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/RealTubberFc?fref=ts

There's also another general camp on called 'lets go' in St Attractas. 6th to 10th of July. Don't know what it's like but it's expensive.

https://www.letsgo.ie/kids-summercamps-ireland/Summer-Camps/List-of-Camps/SLIGO/TUBBERCURRY

The GAA camp is also great. Its done with the local club and a national organisation called cul camps. In tubber 20 - 24 July. Contact details are on the link below.

https://secure.kelloggsculcamps.gaa.ie/booking/?county=27&venue=826&year=2015

Thanks for that Jayop, that's great. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

New Home wrote: »
    Thanks for that Jayop, that's great. :)

Good luck!

Advertisement