Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby WC - accomodation in Cardiff

Options
  • 17-03-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Folks

heading to the Ireland Canada game in Sept, flying from Dublin!
    Havent booked flights yet as it depends on accomodation... as there seems to be nothing at all available in Cardiff!
    Does anyone know any places in Cardiff (b&b's etc) which they may know of?

Or would it be better to fly to another place, such as Bristol, and look for accomodation there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm staying in Bristol for the QF weekends. Cardiff has a severe shortage of beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I booked the Hilton in Newport a few weeks ago. Newport is one stop on the train and the trains run late so reckon it will be grand. Might be worth a look.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think we're staying in Newport too.

It looks like normally a taxi from Cardiff to Newport is cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think we're staying in Newport too.

It looks like normally a taxi from Cardiff to Newport is cheap enough.

Pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm heading down for that game too - should be a good day! I'll look into accommodation in Newport as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bob_dole

Thanks for the replies folks, booked a hotel there in Newport, staff also said its only 15 mins train journey from Cardiff so happy days!
    Cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Looks like OP sorted but in case anyone else is reading this at some point in the future there are a couple of camping grounds in the Penarth/Barry Town direction, that aren't too far away in a taxi, but sometimes have Chalets or mobile homes available when the rest of Cardiff is all booked out. Nothing fancy but if all you are doing is watching rugby and having a few pints in Cardiff then they do the job just fine.

Newport Hilton is sold out that weekend of the France game. Any other suggestions? How much were your rooms? (Just so I can get an idea of cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah we stayed just outside Newport 4 years ago. It's pretty handy in a taxi especially if there's a few of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Anyone think taxis may be an issue, lot of people coming and all staying a bit out.

• Advertisement

Got some very cheap accommodation in Taff's Well on airbnb. I don't think the tenant knows the world cup is on.

Advertisement