Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Leaf

• 21-06-2019 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

What are people’s thoughts on buying a car like below.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/21883443

Down to 10 bars. So range probably about 60 miles. Would this just be a head wrecker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

What are people’s thoughts on buying a car like below.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/21883443

Down to 10 bars. So range probably about 60 miles. Would this just be a head wrecker?
    Personally as a hybrid driver I'd go the hybrid route,get a decent hybrid for reasonable money ,well specced Jap import honda fit/ insight/ Prius ( pay more for a Prius but worth it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

I have 2015 leaf with full 12 bars and range is about 115 in winter to 140 in summer with mixed 50-100kmph driving. I'd be surprised if you got anything near the 125km in the ad. That being said, if you have a short predictable commute that doesn't rely on the public charging system that is less than 70-80km it might he worth doing the maths. The price would be higher than I'd be willing to pay though.
    We have our Leaf as our second car since Christmas and are delighted with the very low running costs, perfect for our daily driving but not suitable for some longer weekend spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Too much for a 10 bar leaf. As for if it suits, thats down to what your intended use. If its just driving in a city or small town then its fine. Driving longer distances be prepared for the chore of public charging.
    The ad doesn't say if its 3.3 or 6kw charging, If its got a heat pump or even if its got Rapid Charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Too expensive. Needs some shaving off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thanks. What would be a realistic price?

My story.

I do about 5000 miles a year. This car would be mainly for me. We already have a diesel. Family of 4.

I work from home a lot. I commute maybe twice a week. Commute is 30 mile round trip.

Go to gym about 3 times a week. This is 22 mile round trip.

Otherwise used for going to shop, local runs etc

Currently have a 2.5 litre petrol auto. Pay 1220 in tax and about 1200 in fuel.

I know lots of people say to get a gen 1.5 as it’s better. Not sure if a gen 1 would work for me.

Either way, I’d only get 2000 Euro for my current car.......... and would have to spend at least 5000 Euro extra to get a Leaf.

I’m doing this more so from a cost saving point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Too much for a 10 bar leaf. As for if it suits, thats down to what your intended use. If its just driving in a city or small town then its fine. Driving longer distances be prepared for the chore of public charging.
    The ad doesn't say if its 3.3 or 6kw charging, If its got a heat pump or even if its got Rapid Charge.

Being a 2012 id safely say no 6kw charging and no heat pump. I think the first gen were all one spec and had rapid charging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I bought a 12 Leaf with 30k km's 2 years ago and paid less than 7k for it. Full 12 bars.

I think that is a small bit over priced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I bought a 12 Leaf with 30k km's 2 years ago and paid less than 7k for it. Full 12 bars.

I think that is a small bit over priced.

Wow. That is good!

What is the best price I could get a gen 1.5 leaf for +/- 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wow. That is good!

What is the best price I could get a gen 1.5 leaf for +/- 500

Talk to electric autos and give him budget. Electric cars have gone up in price, based on above I could prob sell the 12 now at more than I bought it for

Also you will find the electric will get used for everything so you might be better investing more

Our diesel could be left sitting up for weeks while we use the electric.....unless of course we need long distance....

Advertisement