Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon 1.6 Auto 2015 opinions

Options
  • 21-06-2019 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Seriously considering buying a Seat Leon 2015 (15) 1.6 Tdi Se 5Dr Dsg [Technology Pack] Auto.

I’m hoping to buy from a dealer in the UK and as I’ll be just going over to collect I won’t have a chance to check it out first.

Is there anything I should be concerned about? I know nothing about these cars so any opinions would be helpful.

Commuting 1500km a week so just want something reliable and comfortable but also have a daughter learning to drive so need a smaller car.

I’ve looked at vw golf and Ford Focus but they are out of budget.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's mechanically a VW Golf underneath. Check which version of the DSG gearbox it has as some versions need a service (transmission fluid and filter change) at around 60k miles depending on which version it is.

Is there any reason you wouldn't consider the same car with the 2.0 TDI engine? Will have more poke and would be a way more relaxing drive doing 1500 km per week. Running costs will probably be the same if not better than the 1.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's mechanically a VW Golf underneath. Check which version of the DSG gearbox it has as some versions need a service (transmission fluid and filter change) at around 60k miles depending on which version it is.

Is there any reason you wouldn't consider the same car with the 2.0 TDI engine? Will have more poke and would be a way more relaxing drive doing 1500 km per week. Running costs will probably be the same if not better than the 1.6.

Thanks for the reply.

How would I check out which version the gearbox is?

Main reason I’m not considering 2.0TDI is cost and also the fact I have a daughter learning to drive and she’ll have to use this car too. Max budget is €11k and due to the mileage I’m doing I don’t want to but something with high mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you factored VRT into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

Yes, it will come in nearer €12.5k after travel but I’m ok with that. Car works out at approx 9k although hoping I’ll get that price down a small bit and then vrt approx €2.5k plus travel etc. €11k is the outer limit on what I can spend on the car plus vrt to allow for other expenses.

Advertisement