Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LED lights for rear of Defender 110

Options
  • 20-06-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Guys,

I'm trying to fit a 5M led rope type lighting to the back of my defender. The unit I bought was 12V with a 240 plug and transformer. Can I hook it up to the battery of the vehicle directly or will it pop all led bulbs.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a transformer unit that will allow 12v from DC to AC.

Otherwise, what other options do I have.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

For inside or outside the Defender?

It should run fine (no guarantees) minus the transformer directly from a 12v source in the car, all things going well but if you didn’t want to risk it, go to your local car accessory shop (someone who sells & fits radios/alarms/parking sensors/etc) and buy a 12volt power inverter. You can wire that to the car (just a fused positive & negative) & plug any 3-pin plug into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    For inside or outside the Defender?

It should run fine (no guarantees) minus the transformer directly from a 12v source in the car, all things going well but if you didn’t want to risk it, go to your local car accessory shop (someone who sells & fits radios/alarms/parking sensors/etc) and buy a 12volt power inverter. You can wire that to the car (just a fused positive & negative) & plug any 3-pin plug into it.

This is for inside the Defender...

I already have a inverter in there (4000W Peak) but didn't want to have to run that to have light...

I wanted to be able to cook up to the regular 12 vhook up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Can you put up all the details available of voltage, current power, etc.

I got a sticky strip a while back, listed for 12v, but they use way too much power in the car when running.
    More recently, I got a roll that can be cut at certain lengths, its perfect in the back of the car.

Advertisement