Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Music not playing through golf bluetooth kit, help please!

Options
  • 27-05-2019 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi folks, i have a 2011 VW Golf. It has a parrott bluetooth kit and works fine for calls etc. however when i try play music through it(on spotify or whatever) i get nothing out of it. I have selected the bluetooth kit as the output device on my iphone and i can forward to next song etc. on parrott system so it's connected but just no audio. I don't know is it as simple as updating the software version on the kit. How do i do this? I'm not sure what kit t it is, please see pic attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That's not a parrot kit. Looks like a bury one.

As far as I remember some of them were sold through vag dealers and may not have had the music module. Vws own built in bluetooth was similar up till a couple of years ago on some stuff (definitely.on commercials amyway). You got call audio but music was extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

Hey, but on the Bluetooth touchpad I can flick through songs by pressing the the forward and backward arrows, it flicks through the Spotify songs on my phone.
    That's not a parrot kit. Looks like a bury one.

As far as I remember some of them were sold through vag dealers and may not have had the music module. Vws own built in bluetooth was similar up till a couple of years ago on some stuff (definitely.on commercials amyway). You got call audio but music was extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hey, but on the Bluetooth touchpad I can flick through songs by pressing the the forward and backward arrows, it flicks through the Spotify songs on my phone.

Should be the full job with the music so and theres an issue somewhere along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

exactly, that's why i jumped on here to see if someone could clear up what the issue is

Advertisement