Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine light and traction light just came on

• 18-06-2019 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi folks My Toyota Corolla 2014 out of Warranty Engine Light and Traction Light Just Came on,

Any Ideas what this problem might be, Is it safe to Drive the Car at Moment

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

anybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Usually the two lights will come on together so it doesn’t indicate a particular fault. You need to get a diagnosis.

Obviously as you say i have to get a Diagnosis but is there any ideas what it might be and is it safe to drive the car in mean time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It could be any of many faults, no way of guessing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

torrevieja wrote: »
    Obviously as you say i have to get a Diagnosis but is there any ideas what it might be and is it safe to drive the car in mean time ?

It's not a fridge or clock radio. Could be a number of things. If it's driving ok then drive on but get it looked at asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I presume both lights are amber and not red. If the engine light stays on permanently and not flashing and the car driving ok then its safe to drive.
    As already said, could be multiple causes.

johnayo wrote: »
    I presume both lights are amber and not red. If the engine light stays on permanently and not flashing and the car driving ok then its safe to drive.
    As already said, could be multiple causes.

yes both amber and both are staying on

yes both amber and both are staying on

Those warning lights were off this morning when I started the car

Those warning lights were off this morning when I started the car

Should I get this still checked

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Yellow light means it's a warning. So yes, you should get it checked. If you are due a service, schedule it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

If the warning lights are coming on intermittently and at times where a loss of traction is unlikely, that might suggest a faulty sensor or an electrical issue. A trouble code will be saved in the computer.

Advertisement