Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.2 Ford Fiesta 08 Zetec Steel 2, petrol burns quick?

Options
  • 18-06-2019 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I noticed that my 1.2 ford fiesta 08 used up the fuel considerably quick i put in 30euro (20.34 Ltr) and it got up until 1 bar past the half way line and without even a week of it it almost reaches the 1/4.

I drive mostly 4 times a week from dun laoghaire to Templeogue through m50. That's 23km each way. For that distance and driving pattern should I expect to burn that much petrol?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

180 km’s on a 1/4 of a tank.. sounds about normal.

How many litres did the €30 get you as quoting the price paid is useless due to the ever fluctuating price of petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

30 euro i get about 20.34 ltr

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The only way to know for sure is to measure properly.
    Use the brimming method.
    To get a true reading of consumption you should brim the tank reset the trip drive until 1/4 tank or whatever,
    brim it again and take down the distance reading of the trip and litre used to refill and just calculate your mpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

180 km’s on a 1/4 of a tank.. sounds about normal.

How many litres did the €30 get you as quoting the price paid is useless due to the ever fluctuating price of petrol.

I doubt a Fiesta has an 80l fuel tank to be fair. The answer to your question is in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Is it stop start on the M50, or are you pulling a steady 100kph? If you are going through cherrywood village that's still a mess in the mornings?
    Try keeping a smidgin below 100 kph and not going 120 or ahem whatever speed you do.
    Small cars drink juice at high speed. But I'm speaking in general and have no idea or your driving technique or the condition of your car which was the original question.

So I'll finally ask when was the car serviced, how many months / years and how many 1000's ago?
    With the schools off in next few weeks see if the fuel use drops off...

• Advertisement
Advertisement