Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Dublin City Council

Options
  • 11-07-2020 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hey all
    i have being on the Dublin City Council waiting list for the last 4 years and now have being offered a 1 bedroom Apartment in the city centre of Dublin ,

my question is if i was to lose employment would the council pay my rent through Rent Allowance or HAP or would they require the full amount each month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

this information is available of the DCC website. Basically this is the greatest advantage of being a council tenant. the rent due is linked to your earnings and usually goes up a little each year too.

if you get a pay rise, your rent goes up (as does your ability to pay). If you were unemployed you can drop in provide proof of current income and your rent will be adjusted accordingly. So unlike someone with a mortgage, you do not have to pay the same amount if you lose you job.

rent allowance and hap do not come into the equation.

https://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/Housing/Rent_Scheme_2011/Documents/Rent%20Scheme%202019.pdf

Advertisement