Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair panels.

Options
  • 24-07-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for the best place to buy repair panels in Ireland for a Mercedes.

I've read that klokkerholm are supposed to be ok.

Is there anywhere these can be order in Ireland?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

Try Mercedes themselves cuz by the time you get the fake panels to fit properly it'll cost the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

Thanks W124man,
    I'll check with Mercedes, but the car isn't valuable and I'll just be cutting repair panels up and fitting only the pieces I need. So they don't need to be very accurate.

Just want to keep the costs low, if I was paying a pro todo it, it probably would work out better having less labour.

These are best prices I've found so far for spurious, but would like an Irish based alternative.

http://www.carz2.co.uk/mercedes-benz-190-w201-198210-to-199308-3511-15471-c.asp

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

If you only need patches , make your own.

kadman wrote: »
    If you only need patches , make your own.

Yes I plan to do that as much as possible. But I would still like to know where others get their repair panels, and if there is a source that supplies klokkerholm panels in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Selkdiy, I have found Carz 2 very good. When you phone, ask to speak to Patti, she is very knowledgeable, and very helpful. Bear in mind you will be paying in Stg. + V A T + Delivery, so it may work out quite expensive. P.S. What panels are you looking for.?

• Advertisement

mattroche wrote: »
    Selkdiy, I have found Carz 2 very good. When you phone, ask to speak to Patti, she is very knowledgeable, and very helpful. Bear in mind you will be paying in Stg. + V A T + Delivery, so it may work out quite expensive. P.S. What panels are you looking for.?

Hi Matt,
    For a start I was just going to get the two sill panels. But in a lot of ways if I could get a complete car with a nice interior that was not rusted out, it might be a better option. For example one with a bad engine.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

selfdiy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the best place to buy repair panels in Ireland for a Mercedes.

I've read that klokkerholm are supposed to be ok.

Is there anywhere these can be order in Ireland?

Thanks!

Cant say I know anything about merc panels from Klokkerholm. But vw restorers dont rate them according to this thread.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503306

Klokkerholm do deliver to Ireland, as they are available for vw restos by a supplier here. Mercs I dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

All of those merc repair panels are quite good and fit well except the wings. The sills are very good value and give a professional finish especially around the jacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Genuine Mercedes panels aren't that expensive, The side boot floor is less than €80. Definitely try the dealer as most will give you 10% discount. I have 2 W124 coupes and a R129 SL 500 and often find that genuine parts are often cheaper than spurious copies. The poly v or fan belt is €10 cheaper at the dealers than the motor factors. Your car mightn't be valuable but it is to you and genuine parts do save hours of fettling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I use cleveland panels in the UK, very resonable, I paid under 100 for two sills and two rear wheel arches for a fiesta. With delivery. There will always be a bit of fettling but if you're cutting them then it's not a concern. Not sure what they have in Mercedes but worth looking.
    If you know anyone from Poland, look at allegro.pl, older cars are still on the roads over there so plenty availability.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the comments and advice.

I tried Mercedes for the sills, they are 120 plus vat, plus vat, which isn't too bad I guess.

I think I'm going to stay on the look out for a late model 190 that I can use for parts and cut the pieces out that I need. Don't know if they rusted as bad in the early nineties.

Advertisement