Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Procedure/form to change from Year to ZV registration.

Options
  • 01-07-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone tell me the procedure and the form number for doing this? And is there a fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

not buying a yelow cortina are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

No, but I need to dispose of a terrible XX D120000000000000 registration.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Fill out a VRT35. The form may have changed (doubt it) but this is the link to the one floating around.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93777732&postcount=6

As it says on the tin, post it with the VRC to the CVO.

Spot on! Thanks to all who replied and emailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

I've been considering this too, anyone have an idea of what Dublin ZV regs are currently being issued?

• Advertisement

quenching wrote: »
    I've been considering this too, anyone have an idea of what Dublin ZV regs are currently being issued?

ZV10XXX possibly in the 800s?

ZV10744 +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

ZV10XXX possibly in the 800s?
    macplaxton wrote: »
    ZV10744 +

Thanks, I'd gain an extra digit so maybe I'll stick with what I've got in 84D1234

Time it right and get a pair of nice narrow "1"s and it'll fit the plate :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ZV10744 +
    Is there some way of knowing what number they're up to? Or will they tell you over the phone?

I'd consider that filling in that form to get ZV10 924. :cool:

• Advertisement

I think you might need an insider to catch that one! (Don't know if you can reserve ZVs, but I'd be surprised if they would refuse the 1k). Trouble with Dublin issues are that they move relatively quick compared to other counties (although they did slow up quite a bit after the crash).

Anyway, to find out where they're at, just do a vehicle transaction enquiry on the motor tax website and do a rough binary search.

e.g. We want to find the end of the current serials and we know that Dublin allocation is somewhere from 10001 to 17200. So bang one in and see if a vehicle appears, in which next case go higher. When you get a no vehicle, go lower. Do it by halves and you soon get there.

I started with 10800, no vehicle. 10700 yes vehicle. then 10750, no vehicle, then 10725 yes vehicle, 10737, yes vehicle etc.

I've got a list of county allocations somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I thought the newest ZV numbers have risen to some massive figures.

Nope, they only jumped 50-100 or so up the series for each allocated batch.

Anyway, to find out where they're at, just do a vehicle transaction enquiry on the motor tax website and do a rough binary search.
    Nice one.

I gather we're up to ZV10745 now. :)
    Might be a long time getting into the 900's

Well if 10001 was issued 5/6th Dec 2011? Work it out :pac:

Well if 10001 was issued 5/6th Dec 2011? Work it out :pac:
    Basically I don't need to have another look until next spring. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

is there an option to register in another county or does it have to be the county you live in? I live in Dub but I store my car in another county does that count for anything?

Oh I just realised it probably goes by the county the car is first reg`ed in... So I am even more screwed than with a Dublin reg, mine has a Cork reg atm....

Is there a charge to do this do we have to send money in with the form? I can see no mention of this anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

is there an option to register in another county or does it have to be the county you live in? I live in Dub but I store my car in another county does that count for anything?

I'm curious about this too?

I wish to register a vehicle soon and would like to get a Dublin ZV 10000+ plate. However, my address, pps, etc is based in another county.

Can I book a VRT appointment at a Dublin NCT centre - supply a friend's Dublin address - and get a Dublin ZV plate?

Alternatively, if I get a 'year' registration number in my home county, could I then apply to get a Dublin ZV plate after a few months have passed?

If your car is already registered with a year and county plate I think you will be stuck registering in that county.

• Advertisement

The car I just re registered, despite being in Kerry with the keepers adress in Kerry, has been issued with a Dublin ZV number, I assume because it's on a Dublin year plate.
    I wonder will any re issue ZV number be issued according to the original county of issue of the cars registration.

The car I just re registered, despite being in Kerry with the keepers adress in Kerry, has been issued with a Dublin ZV number, I assume because it's on a Dublin year plate.
    I wonder will any re issue ZV number be issued according to the original county of issue of the cars registration.

so my 79KY Capri would be re-registered in the Kerry ZV series if I went for a ZV on it do you think? (I live in Cork)

so my 79KY Capri would be re-registered in the Kerry ZV series if I went for a ZV on it do you think? (I live in Cork)

I guess so, from what Iv seen. ZV42881 is the current number issued in Kerry.

oh another biggy!

i think I'll hold out for them changing the system!

did you have to pay anything to have it done or just send in the form and log book as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Do People actually pay attention to the county ZV's as well, they're all 5 digits so does it really matter if it starts with a 1 or a 9?

It's free to do it. Just fill the form and post it.

Grand. I must get mine done soon so, thanks for the info guys....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Can a classic car be registered in any county ...or does it have to be in your home county (i.e. wherever your pps number/address is)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement