Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rover p6 parts wanted

• 11-04-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi,new to boards.

ive just picked up a p6 3500,ok nick,but could to with a tidy up.

few bits missing,last owner started,and then threw out what he took off:eek:

looking for carpet,door sill trims,rear over riders etc.

mite even buy another donor car:rolleyes:

anyone out there who can help,tip me off about the classic,sitting in a driveway??

let me know,thanks jay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

as the owner of a p6 myself i use JR Wadhams Stourbridge for bits and pieces, they stock virtually everything for the P6 range, but as P6s dont command great money a good donor may be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 stag76

hi ,thanks for the input.

yes i know the poor old p6 is greatly unloved,and prices are low.
    mine is solid but only ok paint and a shabby interior,so just want second hand items to make complete and then just use it :D

yes donor car is the way to go,rang a few people one d/d and they not want to sell any parts,and the cars they have are flat tyred and well beyond saving.

its just mine is a 3500s man that im keeping up the fight:)

something will turn up,god 15yrs ago these were on every street corner,dumped:eek:

thanks j

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spidersonmars

Have one myself. Great car. Have a donor or two but keeping them as my spares. However this ad may interest you. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3446098

hi got your comment.

yea that chap in donygal,im in wexford:eek:

long way to go for a few trim bits.

you have 2 spares cars??

im just looking for carpet,2 rear overiders and the sill trims when you open the door,would you be keen on selling these to me?

jay

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spidersonmars

Sorry, I'm Based in Donegal too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭goochy

Ely service in cambridge

hi there,all p6 owners seem to be up north west,donegal:)

yes i know i can get loads of parts in uk,i have triumphs and minis etc,and the uk is the place:)

just wanted to get a few second hand bits here in ireland.

first rover so its putting toe in water,nice car so far

any clubs here in ireland,meet ups?
    thanks jay;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

You could also have a look at:

http://www.classicroverforum.com/

yes i became a member of that site a few days ago,very good,you could spend hours on it:)

put up a wanted ad there also.

thanks for all the tips lads,but does anyone here in ireland have a carpet or rear overriders?????? just after a quick fix.

thanks jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

For carpets... DIY your own?

hi,kind off got sorted over weekend,my ad on done deal turned up a very sad p6 3500s manual.

as rotten as a pear,but with a lot of good parts,good engine,box,diff. got my overriders,but inside of car was shot,as in seats and carpet.

yea ive toyed with making my own carpet sections,but i dont want it looking like a bog (toilet) or my grannys sitting room:).

i think il buy a new set and be done with it.

still be looking for leather seats in good nick.

ive a few bits for sale now also.

j

Advertisement