Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

112143 wrote: »
    I've noticed some items are shipping for free on Amazon DE.
    I always thought there was a shipping fee, well anything I've previously ordered had a shipping fee anyway.
    Is this a new thing?

Some sellers ship free, like "Monoprice GmbH" or "Apohealth - Gesundheit aus der Apotheke". Amazon itself doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shazaam

Soarer wrote: »
    Hardly hefty when it's coming from Germany, and all that entails.

Well considering a lot of items ship cheaper from the US I do consider it a bit on the steep side.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

muffler wrote: »
    I think its absolutely disgusting that people would make use of Boards members in order to gain financially. We are supposed to be a community and while most of us give up our time, to look for and post up bargains so others can benefit, there is the limited few that do so only for personal financial gain.

The "no chat" thread is riddled with posts containing referral links all posted repeatedly by the same people.

what's the difference?
    its not as if I get charged more if I click their link is it?
    Poor guy doesn't realise that referral links haven't been allowed in years and Boards has used affiliate links for years.

He's just further highlighting that he doesn't read charters or stickies and is digging himself a bigger hole.

"And there we have it..." No, there you have that. The rest of us already knew these things as we read the charters.

I would safely say that most users probably don't read all the charters.
    Can someone clear this up for me...

If someone copies and pastes the URL to a bargain on Amazon, boards get paid for being an affiliate/providing the link? I presume that's only if the sale goes through?

If I put up a referral link on the bargain alerts forum, (no idea how to find that!) I get paid something and boards gets paid nothing? Again presuming a sale goes through, not just the click through?

I've never felt more Grandpa Simpson in my life.

haha, I'm like you, not a clue, this link, that link, who makes, who looses.

at the end of the day I'm happy if i find a bargain that suits me. if someone makes a bob or 2 off it, fair play to them. Isn't that how the world works?

Seve OB wrote: »
    what's the difference?

at the end of the day I'm happy if i find a bargain that suits me. if someone makes a bob or 2 off it, fair play to them. Isn't that how the world works?

Boards are losing money. So considering we pay nothing to use this site, it's fair enough if they ban referral links.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Allow referrals and it's not going to be like it is now. People would be posting any aul crap in the hope of a click - bargain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

what's the difference?

Congratulations on arriving to the discussion two days late and still missing the point.

As someone else posted, allowing referral links will clog up threads with shills for all sorts of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lol

firstly in fairness i don't think there is any need for the smart arse arriving 2 days late comment, I only caught up on the thread earlier
    Boards are losing money. So considering we pay nothing to use this site, it's fair enough if they ban referral links.

i have absolutely no issue with that, i totally get the point.

i more more commenting at the over the top reaction from muffler that "its absolutely disgusting that people would make use of Boards members in order to gain financially"

apologies if it came across that i had any gripe with the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

lol

firstly in fairness i don't think there is any need for the smart arse arriving 2 days late comment, I only caught up on the thread earlier

i have absolutely no issue with that, i totally get the point.
    apologies if it came across that way

You missed some mighty ranting haha.

Yeah in fairness i think everyone here will agree that if it keeps boards active for us then no referral links is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

112143 wrote: »
    I was looking at painkillers last night after seeing the pills from Amazon US on the other thread.
    So I found few of them ship free on Amazon DE.
    Here's one.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Dolormin-GS-Naproxen-Tablets-Pack/dp/B00E5Y4L70/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Dolormin&qid=1621246396&sr=8-5

Really bad idea there. Can and does easily cause peptic ulcers. For longer term use can bugger up cardiac function.

There is a good reason they are on prescription here and even then most doctors loathe to prescribe for the same reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Setanter wrote: »
    Really bad idea there. Can and does easily cause peptic ulcers. For longer term use can bugger up cardiac function.

There is a good reason they are on prescription here and even then most doctors loathe to prescribe for the same reasons.

Fortunately it will probably never make it through customs.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This thread had gone so far off topic.

The purpose was to discuss the items posted in the Amazon Bargains thread.

CH3OH wrote: »
    This thread had gone so far off topic.

The purpose was to discuss the items posted in the Amazon Bargains thread.

My understanding is its to keep all the chat out of the No Chat thread?

Is it failing to do that in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The clue is in the thread title :)

muffler wrote: »
    The clue is in the thread title :)

I put more emphasis on the Chat side of it?

What are you doing btw chatting, or talking about Amazon Prime Bargains?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Apologies in advance for continuing the off topic..

My post wasn't directed at you.
    Your post just happened to be the post before mine.

I believe this thread is to discuss the items posted in the Amazon bargains thread with the purpose to separate out the chat about those items in a different thread and prevent the original thread becoming cluttered.

I bought one of those fitness watches posted a few days ago.

Won't connect to the app, which in particular is rubbish.

Ah well, I'll be trying for a refund.

It was one item I'd considered getting but when in the feedback someone mentioned it didn't work at all without an android phone and someone else also said they had problems with the app I gave it a miss.

The trouble is by the time I've read the reviews checked Fakespot, camelx3 etc I often miss the bargain anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The Kensington laptop stand arrived this morning. Solid piece for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Peckham

Mine won't even turn on.

Suspicious enough when they offer you a 15 pound voucher for a five star review, plus tell you not to contact Amazon if you have a problem, but instead go straight to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Peckham wrote: »
    Mine won't even turn on.

Suspicious enough when they offer you a 15 pound voucher for a five star review, plus tell you not to contact Amazon if you have a problem, but instead go straight to them.

Mine is working grand, you must go into app and one of the tabs and select bind from a green banner.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Mine is working grand, you must go into app and one of the tabs and select bind from a green banner.

My app keeps crashing when I press the scan button to scan the QR code

Tried it on two separate phones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The QR code is just to get the app which is on playstore anyways.
    You got to set tab and half way down, you should see a banner that says bind your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

My YOHOTA smartwatch fitness tracker is working perfect on Android 8 - old phone.
    Initially thought it wasn't powering up and then I charged it. :rolleyes:
    I didn't use the QR code - just search play store for Fit Pro app and register.
    Happy so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Another Brexit publicity stunt :rolleyes:

Marmite have twice called shortages because of a lack of yeast due to pubs closed and breweries not brewing as much beer. Not seen any shortages yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Another Brexit publicity stunt :rolleyes:

Marmite have twice called shortages because of a lack of yeast due to pubs closed and breweries not brewing as much beer. Not seen any shortages yet.

Marmite shortage! :eek:

bromley52 wrote: »

Never happened, but I stocked up just in case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

bromley52 wrote: »

It's the spawn of all horrible things. It's not loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I had to register to get the app to function, which then got the heart rate monitor to function. App is a piece of turd too, if I go into any section then come out of that section I have to endure a thirty seconds ad for some muck before I can look at anything else.

Also, when it vibrates it sounds awful. Cheap rubbish, being returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Sup08 wrote: »
    Ordered one of these and sure if its not what it seems to be then it can be returned free. Worth a punt as they have an amazon store with plenty of similar items with "Good Reviews".

The discount is a 30% discount added at checkout, see pic.

Just an update on the USB drive that was delivered yesterday.
    Absolute dirt :eek:

File transfer speeds up (+40Mbs) and down (Stopped) every 10 seconds.

Initial time to transfer selected files was 30 minutes (60Gb) took 2 hours.

Space wise looks genuine but couldn't be bothered trying to fill the drive at the time it was taking. Be more like USB1. Returned to Amazon - not as described.

Advertisement