Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power washer deals?

• 27-02-2021 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a power washer to wash down the house, wash the car, etc. Any good offers going? Not looking to spend big money.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭davegilly

Looking to get a power washer to wash down the house, wash the car, etc. Any good offers going? Not looking to spend big money.

I just bought this - https://www.homeland.ie/hardware/power-tools-accessories/84703/ar-twin-nozzle-150-bar-pressure-washer - got it for 246, bit more expensive now. Do a search for cheaper offers.

Reviews seem good, haven't received it yet though - will update when I get it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Not sure on offers but nilfisk would be a great buy.
    I'm very disappointed with marcher these days, bought a K4 everything etc and used it 3 times.

Was sitting in garage 6 months, went to use and nope it's done.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Powerful enough for general cleaning?

https://www.kaercher.com/ie/home-garden/pressure-washers/k-2-compact-16735010.html

I live on the coast in a house that is dry dashed. Want to paint the dash so looking to clean down the walls first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Powerful enough for general cleaning?

https://www.kaercher.com/ie/home-garden/pressure-washers/k-2-compact-16735010.html

I live on the coast in a house that is dry dashed. Want to paint the dash so looking to clean down the walls first.

Are you near a Halfords store atall?

I have a membership card which gets 15% off all car and 10% off all bike,
    I've gotten 15% off power washer,

I can send you a picture of the card, you could tell them you left the house without the card but someone at home has sent you a picture of the barcode, they can then either scan the barcode from your phone or scan the one which they keep under the checkout after they have saw the card.

Not alot of people have these cards, can return without receipt for full refund, be like Mike brewer trading up;
    Start off with a H7 headlight bulb and exchange without receipt for wipers etc. Lol eventually get a power washer...
    Anyway PM me if you want the picture to try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

Following this, I got an electric power washer from Argos. It lasted for about 5 washes. Now some seal is gone, its banjaxed. It leaks. I wonder would it be better to purchase a diesel/2 stoke. Spend a bit more money for a better product?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

6541 wrote: »
    Following this, I got an electric power washer from Argos. It lasted for about 5 washes. Now some seal in banjaxed. It leaks. I wonder would it be better to purchase a diesel/2 stoke. Spend a bit more money for a better product?

Not unless you're on a farm or industrial work....

Nilfisk has a huge following on here. Seem to be extremely reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Here ya go...... great warranty if anything happens it, will be spot on for general use.

2400W High Pressure Cleaner https://www.lidl.ie/p/p7996?productId=7996&countryCode=IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

I'm very disappointed with marcher these days, bought a K4 everything etc and used it 3 times.

Done.....do you mean unresponsive?

Did you try disconnecting the Lance and allow the water to run through it with the power off. Let it run for about 3 mins. Known issue with Karcher K4. I think it is caused by an airlock.g

ratracer wrote: »
    Here ya go...... great warranty if anything happens it, will be spot on for general use.

2400W High Pressure Cleaner https://www.lidl.ie/p/p7996?productId=7996&countryCode=IE

For all the use it will get I think this will do the job, thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Worrying, any idea what's wrong with it. Does water flow through it if not powered on, a weak jet via the pressure from the connected hose. Still under warranty I presume if only 6 months old.

I've a Karcher K4 for over 4 years and never had an issue with it and it's done a good bit of work with some prolonged periods of use and wasn't susceptible to overheating. Bad limescale in our water but so far hasn't been a problem.
    Got it at the time for just under €240 and there was a separate offer directly from Karcher for additional attachments and cleaning fluids so have all those such as foaming gun etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

6541 wrote: »
    . I wonder would it be better to purchase a diesel/2 stoke. Spend a bit more money for a better product?

I've used a diesel model in work a few times,
    One where the heads are different colours on a row along the top of the unit and are interchangeable,
    I found the fuel tank aren't big enough as the engine consumes alot when in full operation, got around 35 mins per tank of fuel
    The pressure wasn't as good as a K4 and the wheels fell off after a few months due to vibrations from the diesel engine,
    It wasn't used daily neither; I work in the pharmaceutical industry and used it to clean out bunded areas underneath holding tanks on the odd weekend overtime.
    Quite therapeutic blasting away Algae and leaves to reveal a laqured concrete surface,
    Overall though I wouldn't recommend a diesel, stinking aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭serox_21

For all the use it will get I think this will do the job, thanks all
    bought this one the other day, tried on back garden patio and cleans really nice. Hope it will last long enough, if not back to lidl for a refund.

serox_21 wrote: »
    bought this one the other day, tried on back garden patio and cleans really nice. Hope it will last long enough, if not back to lidl for a refund.

I got mine from lidl yesterday. Going to wait until weekend before testing, don't want to overexcite myself during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭serox_21

Couldn't wait that long, for the weekend I have plans to clean the driveway and side footpath

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭alex_r

Check Lidl's one, that should have been put out on the shelves https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/pressure-wash/c59/w1
    I have it and happy with it for its price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

Whilst we are talking about power washers. Does anyone know where I can get cheap Nilfisk c120 O rings ? I need to fix a leak on the lancet (Gun) of mine.

From lidl power washer info on Lidl website:
    "Requires suction hose with filter - not included - available separately"

Regular hose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

From lidl power washer info on Lidl website:
    "Requires suction hose with filter - not included - available separately"

Regular hose?

That’s only if you want to use water from say a tank or a stream where you need to ‘suck in’ the water. If you are just using a normal pressure fed water supply ( eg normal tap) you don’t need this.

Advertisement