Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler Replacement

• 27-02-2021 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭

Another boiler replacement thread - just want to make sure we're making the right call. We have no boiler currently - house is (badly) heated by an oil stove in the kitchen. Bungalow, 1000sqft, 3 bedrooms.

We've been quoted 3.5k for following:

- External Firebird Enviromax C26
    - Moving oil tank
    - Decomissioning old stove
    - Supply and fit 2 zone heating (digital time clock hot water and heating)
    - 1 new rad in kitchen

So questions to make sure we're on the right track before we go through with it:

- Price seems OK to me based on research here - assume that's a reasonable assumption?
    - Is the Firebird the right choice? I see grant mentioned a lot here but is it worth suggesting change or running with what's been suggested?
    - Would the above quote assume a thermometer somewhere central in the house? Or should we ask about this?
    - We asked about manual TRV's being fitted to radiators so we can future proof for automation, but they don't seem to have included them here. Is there anything else we should be considering to future proof us?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

my own choice of boiler would be a grant vortex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

jimf wrote: »
    my own choice of boiler would be a grant vortex

Thanks for that - appreciate it.

Any other opinions on above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭monseiur

Not exactly answering your questions, but as you're considering upgrading your heating system, installing zones, TRV's, etc. you may qualify for up to €700 grant from SEAI - check their website for more info.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

monseiur wrote: »
    Not exactly answering your questions, but as you're considering upgrading your heating system, installing zones, TRV's, etc. you may qualify for up to €700 grant from SEAI - check their website for more info.

M.

I'll check that out actually - thanks.

Advertisement