Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm in.

Hulu worked a treat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Incase anyone is struggling to download. I managed to set up today with following method
    1. Get/ use current VPN on phone and device
    2. Make a new USA Gmail
    3. Sign into Android device ( TV, shield, other box etc) using new email
    4. App store on device should have USA playstore apps now so find and download Disney+ there
    5. Log in and enjoy

Did this and got it on my phone. When I go to Chromecast to tv Disney plus shows up on my TV but when you select a movie it just says "no video found". Works fine watching from the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Jofspring wrote: »
    Did this and got it on my phone. When I go to Chromecast to tv Disney plus shows up on my TV but when you select a movie it just says "no video found". Works fine watching from the phone.

The vpn is only on your android device not on the chromecast so it won't work with it unfortunately

chrisire wrote: »
    The vpn is only on your android device not on the chromecast so it won't work with it unfortunately

Ah ok. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Looking for a family space, if anyone taking the plunge.
    Revolut, PP whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Now this might be a bit thick to ask but when adding 'family' members to the account, is that done under profiles? I have the account setup for myself, I now want to add in some extra folk. Also I'm not clear on what login details they use- surely it's not a shared login?

Spotify is pretty straightforward in terms of adding other people and how they get access, this seems less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Is; t possible to pre order a sub as a gift or would i need to wait till the service goes live

Now this might be a bit thick to ask but when adding 'family' members to the account, is that done under profiles? I have the account setup for myself, I now want to add in some extra folk. Also I'm not clear on what login details they use- surely it's not a shared login?

Spotify is pretty straightforward in terms of adding other people and how they get access, this seems less so.

As far as I know they will log in with your e-mail and password. It's not a family account like Spotify. Its more like a Netflix account.

The only reason people are sharing is because you can stream on 4 separate devices at the same time. It's still the one account.

You just give them the log in details and they can add their own profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Using a VPN on my mac and casting to my TV. Both devices are connected to disney+ via Keep solid VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'd be more than happy to join a family for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

I’d be happy to join a family too. Pay by whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

No email from Sky yet? Just as easy to sign up directly I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭owen28

I'd be more than happy to join a family for this also

• Registered Users Posts: 22 3Win

looking for a family space.

Hi 3Win PM Sent to u :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'm looking for a space also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

I asked before about app on lgtv and it's not available until launch date but should I be able to see Disney life? I don't want to sign up for this and then discover I can't watch it on the television.

Still one spot left on family membership if anyone is interested. €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Same, it's ridiculous to have a TV that's only 2 or 3 years old and not have the app for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

owen28 wrote: »
    Still one spot left on family membership if anyone is interested. €15
    I’ll take it😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the corpo wrote: »
    Same, it's ridiculous to have a TV that's only 2 or 3 years old and not have the app for it!
    The apps will get released just before the service goes live. It's probably in their contracts with their resellers of their content that the apps can't go live on until a certain date, as it'll stop people signing up for their services. Same way Apple don't announce a new iPhone or laptop until it's ready to ship, if they announce it 2-3 weeks in advance it'll stop sales of their current products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

webpal wrote: »
    I asked before about app on lgtv and it's not available until launch date but should I be able to see Disney life? I don't want to sign up for this and then discover I can't watch it on the television.

If there are any family spaces I wouldn't mind joining please.

I checked that out ... My TV is 2013 so app won't be available on it, so advice given from this thread is to get an Amazon fire stick or similar and use that... I have signed up and ordered the fire stick ... Will find out next week if it all works or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

If anyone is interested have open slot for a family account

TriStar6 wrote: »
    I’ll take it😉

All yours. All openings full for family members

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

in2dark wrote: »
    If anyone is interested have open slot for a family account

I'll take it please

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

Kobe wrote: »
    I'll take it please

Kobe sorted

Anyone else pls pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

in2dark wrote: »
    Kobe sorted

Anyone else pls pm me

pm sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

The apps will get released just before the service goes live. It's probably in their contracts with their resellers of their content that the apps can't go live on until a certain date, as it'll stop people signing up for their services. Same way Apple don't announce a new iPhone or laptop until it's ready to ship, if they announce it 2-3 weeks in advance it'll stop sales of their current products.

Hope so, but Apple TV didn't bother. It's a Samsung, only a couple of years old, and handles Amazon Prime/Netflix etc with no problems. Seems hairbrained not to code for what must be millions of tv sets out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Works using getflix btw

So slow tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Still looking for a family space If anyone needs a member? :)

Advertisement