Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry Seinfeld Walks Away from Rollover Car Crash

Options
  • 05-04-2008 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

No laughing matter: Jerry Seinfled's brakes failed – and his vintage car flipped over – in the Hamptons Saturday night. But the comedian walked away unscathed.

The ex-Seinfeld star was driving solo at 7:40 p.m. when the brakes on his Italian sedan malfunctioned, East Hampton Town Police Chief Todd Sarris told the New York Post. The 53-year-old reportedly tried the emergency brake and – when that failed – swerved to keep the vehicle from careening into an intersection.

The two-door, 1967 Fiat BTM flipped over before coming to a halt just yards from the highway, Sarris said, adding that Seinfeld's maneuver "probably avoided a very serious accident." Miraculously, the Bee Movie star – who, Sarris noted, had not been drinking – did not require medical attention and returned to his East Hampton home. "He was a little shocked when he walked in and it started to dawn on him what happened," his wife, Jessica, told the Post. "It could have been a lot worse, obviously, and thank God it wasn't. He's fine." Her husband's sense of humor certainly survived in tact. "Because I know there are kids out there, I want to make sure they all know that driving without braking is not something I recommend, unless you have professional clown training or a comedy background, as I do," he told the newspaper. "It is not something I plan to make a habit."

Advertisement