Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stove Fan.

• 01-10-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

Am considering buying one . Aldi have them in stock next week,does anyone use one or would I be better getting one in hardware, ow would I be better to keep my money ?. Any help and guidance please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Aldi have these fans in stock again on Sunday.

I got one a couple of years ago, and I thought it was good - but this winter when I started lighting the fire it just sat down and refused to work. The blade still spins freely, but just not by itself!

Anyone know if these things just have a shelf life and won't work for ever? Or was I unlucky to just get a dud?

I'd buy another one, but at nearly 25 quid they're not that cheap if it only works for a year or two....

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I tried one and thought it was useless.
    Made no difference whatsoever.

I tried one and thought it was useless.
    Made no difference whatsoever.
    That wasn't my question though - I thought it was good, but not good value if they only have a life of a year or two.

Just wondering should I expect it to last longer?

I was replying to the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Cerco

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That wasn't my question though - I thought it was good, but not good value if they only have a life of a year or two.

Just wondering should I expect it to last longer?

Make sure the blade is balanced. I knocked mine over and it stopped working. It would run if I started it spinning. I noticed a clicking noise and you will see the imbalance if you look at it sideways as it spins.
    Took off the blade (only one small Allen grub screw ) put the blade on a flat surface and adjusted it to balance. You will see if it is touching the flat surface at the equivalent opposite points on the blade.
    Now it is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭con747

I was replying to the OP.

You are a couple of years and months late for that i'm afraid. :)

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    You are a couple of years and months late for that i'm afraid. :)

Whoops, just noticed that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Aldi have these fans in stock again on Sunday.

Any chance of a link? I scrolled through this Sunday's (Feb. 28th) offers and there's no such thing that I can see.

coylemj wrote: »
    Any chance of a link? I scrolled through this Sunday's (Feb. 28th) offers and there's no such thing that I can see.
    They were on Thursday's offers (25th), my mistake, I misread the online brochure :o

Going to have a look today and see if there's any left, but I'm in two minds as to whether to splash out again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

The parents have one this 5 years they got from the local hardware. It does a great job imo when it gets going full tilt you can feel the heat being driven out into the room. Just my 2 cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

They were on Thursday's offers (25th), my mistake, I misread the online brochure :o

Going to have a look today and see if there's any left, but I'm in two minds as to whether to splash out again.....

I got one the last time they were on offer. Waste of money. Made no difference.

physioman wrote: »
    I got one the last time they were on offer. Waste of money. Made no difference.
    Yeah, I thought different - my stove is at one end of a high-ceilinged long room, and I thought it did help to distribute the heat around.

But not to the tune of buying one of these things every couple of years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Didn't stop you posting a link....

https://www.aldi.ie/workzone-stove-fan/p/802479435391400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I got one in Home Store & More, and was so impressed I got another one for a stove in another room. We had to turn ours at an angle as the heat blowing straight out was a bit overwhelming, so now it kinda goes along the wall and circulates round the room. They apparently do have a relatively short shelf life, though I would expect to get at least a couple of years out of it.

I am very happy with mine. I think they will last a lot longer than the 3 year warranty Aldi are offering.

I got another one yesterday in the end, and it was whizzing away within about 10 mins of the stove being lit.

Delighted.

Maybe the other one took a knock, I dunno, I'll try to mind this one a bit better! I don't remember seeing the 3-year warranty with the other one, but I'll def keep the paperwork this time.

Click on the link from coylemj Post#14. You will the guarantee/warranty at the bottom of the ad.

Advertisement