Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to open link via Wifi but can on 4g connection via phone

Options
  • 02-01-2020 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As mentioned in the title, im unable to open an online marketplace website (I can provide link if required) via the home wifi. It usually throws up an error message (saying server IP address cannot be found, but today the error message is different saying the website may be temporarily down or may have moved permanently to a new address).

Now the link still works for other people, a colleague at work accessed on his own laptop and I can still access on my phone via 4g. But these messages keep appearing when I attempt to connect via the home wifi.

Is there any way to stop this from occurring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Who is the service provider at home?
    Changing the DNS settings might fix the problem, for instance by changing the ISP DNS for Opendns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

But it only seems to be this particular site. And before anyone asks its not something dodgy :D its an online shopping site.

Virgin media are the internet provider.

Advertisement