Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to NY €246 round trip/Dublin to Sydney €526 round trip

Options
  • 15-11-2019 2:22pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Via SecretFlying.com

Flights to NY are via Toronto with Air Canada or Zurich with SwissAir here.

Flights to Sydney are via London and Shanghai with Aer Lingus and China Eastern Airlines here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quiggs1000

Thanks. Looks good. Although the total time on the way out (to NY) is 13 hours, and 31 hours on the way back! :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

31 hours is a bit much! I didn't investigate the times tbh, I'd love to book a trip to NY but not possible just at the minute so I didn't want to tempt myself too much...

EDIT: maybe it depends on which dates, I chose 21st Jan - 2nd Feb just there the cheapest price is from €298 and it's 10hr 50 mins on the way out via YYZ and 6 hrs 25 mins on the way back direct (from Newark). You'd probaly need to play around with dates now to get the price above.

Not meaning to spoil the thread but direct flights with Aer Lingus to Newark direct from Dublin can be had for €317. I used Jan 25 to Feb 1 as example dates so it works for weekends even.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not meaning to spoil the thread but direct flights with Aer Lingus to Newark direct from Dublin can be had for €317. I used Jan 25 to Feb 1 as example dates so it works for weekends even.

Just 71 Euro more for the joys of New Jersey. That’s the real bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Just 71 Euro more for the joys of New Jersey. That’s the real bargain.

I prefer Newark to JFK. The roads and traffic into Manhattan can be horrific from JFK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

good price to sydney , but only if you can take nearly 45 hrs of travelling on the way over !! maybe when i was younger. would probably spend what money you were saving on ticket price in the airports on the way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone used the site, the search engine seems not to work, I can't search from Dublin to Toronto, it just disappears?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Gerlad wrote: »
    I prefer Newark to JFK. The roads and traffic into Manhattan can be horrific from JFK.

Yep, quicker to get in and out of Manhattan and if your doing a quick trip for some shopping Jersey Gardens is next to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

LaGuardia is a piece of piss to navigate to and from. Just sayin'

Also. Direct flights are often offered around €270. Why piss around flying with stopovers if it is for a weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Sydney deal seems expired. Can't find any, even if using the dates mentioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement