Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-09-2019, 06:06   #1
Yggr of Asgard

90 Day Trial for Amazon Music HD

Amazon is offering a 90 day trial to their new Amazon Music HD for new and existing users of Amazon Music or Prime.

This is offering high definition audio both on mobile devices and some home entertainment systems.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/music/unlimited/hd

The quality is outstanding and the music choice excellent.

Steaming in my Sonos is superior to Spotify and even Apple Music.

On my mobile devices the quality is good too but it comes with the price of more storage required for the files which can be big for ultra hd quality.

Nothing to loose to give it a try.
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 07:46   #2
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

You must be in the UK OP, because it will only let me have a thirty day trial, as it says my payment method doesn't match the country.

This is despite me using a revolut card with a sterling balance, using my parcel wizard address and having a vpn activated to UK.

Spent a good few minutes with customer care where they insisted on telling me my payment method comes up IE on their system, and to get on to my bank.

It seems all these loopholes may be about to be ended.
(2) thanks from:
20-09-2019, 08:56   #3
Yggr of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dogs View Post
You must be in the UK OP, because it will only let me have a thirty day trial, as it says my payment method doesn't match the country.

This is despite me using a revolut card with a sterling balance, using my parcel wizard address and having a vpn activated to UK.

Spent a good few minutes with customer care where they insisted on telling me my payment method comes up IE on their system, and to get on to my bank.

I am in Ireland not UK.

Strange, it came up for me without a problem immediately.

But I have a default payment of my virtual Revolut card which uses parcel motel as billing address.

It might be that the Revolut card you have is one of those which is coded as Irish.

Not nice of them to give Irish users less time.
Thanks from:
20-09-2019, 09:02   #4
paska

Quote:

I used revolut and changed my address on the billing page to parcel motel NI and it worked for 90 days

Last edited by paska; 20-09-2019 at 09:41.
Thanks from:
20-09-2019, 09:14   #5
Yggr of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paska View Post
I used revolut and changed my address on the billing page to parcel motel and it worked for 90 days
I think Johnny Dogs has a Revolut card which is coded as Ireland, there are a few of that around.
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 09:34   #6
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggr of Asgard View Post
I think Johnny Dogs has a Revolut card which is coded as Ireland, there are a few of that around.
Not sure guys, I've been with them for a few years, and have had so much stuff delivered to parcel wizard that they actually even offered me finance on many items .

My card was a newish one they sent out when I changed over to a premium account (it's visa, and my old one was MasterCard, I never had any issues with it incidentally)

Has me stumped.
20-09-2019, 09:43   #7
paska

Quote:
Not sure guys, I've been with them for a few years, and have had so much stuff delivered to parcel wizard that they actually even offered me finance on many items .

My card was a newish one they sent out when I changed over to a premium account (it's visa, and my old one was MasterCard, I never had any issues with it incidentally)

Has me stumped.
Did you change your address to parcel motel on the page thats says your card does not match your country?
20-09-2019, 10:27   #8
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paska View Post
Did you change your address to parcel motel on the page thats says your card does not match your country?
Yeah, pretty sure I did.
20-09-2019, 10:30   #9
bromley52

Worked for me with a Revolut VISA card start with 4. My other cards both VISA and Mastercard starting with 5 didn't work.
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 10:39   #10
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
Worked for me with a Revolut VISA card start with 4. My other cards both VISA and Mastercard starting with 5 didn't work.
Mines starts with a 4 - strange.
20-09-2019, 13:15   #11
Yggr of Asgard

Quote:

Has me stumped.
Some Premium account cards are coded as Irish.

If you have a premium account, generate a new virtual card (multi use) and that should work as those are still UK based.
Thanks from:
20-09-2019, 13:19   #12
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

Quote:

If you have a premium account, generate a new virtual card (multi use) and that should work as those are still UK based.
I will give that a go cheers
20-09-2019, 19:49   #13
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
Visa cards always start with 4
Master cards always start with 5

There is no such thing as a visa that starts with 5. The first digit represents the card provider. I used to test credit card terminal software so very famaliar.
Thanks from:
20-09-2019, 20:56   #14
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
Visa cards always start with 4
Master cards always start with 5

There is no such thing as a visa that starts with 5. The first digit represents the card provider. I used to test credit card terminal software so very famaliar.
Sorry my mistake. So my 1 VISA card worked and my 2 Mastercards didn't
Thanks from:
21-09-2019, 13:30   #15
Johnny Dogs
Bannned

Quote:

Genius, worked a treat.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion