Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dji spark fly more combo £460 from Amazon uk

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I've been following the price of these for a while as we bought one and decided to sell it which we did.

But if anyone is interested in buying a new dji spark the Fly more combo Sparks are new from Amazon now £460.

Glad I sold mine when I did. The price has dropped right down.

Use camelcamelcamel to track the prices on Amazon before you buy. It goes up for a few days, down for a few days. Just wait for the right price and buy.

When you go to camelcamelcamel uk just type in dji spark flymore combo. It will give you the options and show you the current price and the history.
    I don't know why they keep putting the price up and down every few days but it's just a matter of watching to get it for £460

Example yellow one
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/DJI-CP-PT-000905-Spark-Sunrise-Yellow/product/B071G37WYS?active=price_amazon&context=home_recent

I got the blue for the price I said even though the history only shows it at 490.
    I think it records the history at midnight every night so doesn't record the changes in the day. And these are changing more than once a day now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any link or Amazon number? I cannot find it for sale anything near those prices... ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Posting and links all over the place on the phone. Just look it up on camel and create alerts. Any alert under 490 should trigger any alert quick enough.
    That's for the flymore combo I'm talking about by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

This is the white one. All the other colours are there as well.

bromley52 wrote: »
    This is the white one. All the other colours are there as well.

That's just the Spark at the regular price - not the Spark Combo mentioned in the title.
    it's of very limited use unfortunately without the Remote from the combo pack.

“Roll it back”

KellyXX wrote: »
    Example yellow one
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/DJI-CP-PT-000905-Spark-Sunrise-Yellow/product/B071G37WYS?active=price_amazon&context=home_recent

I got the blue for the price I said even though the history only shows it at 490.
    I think it records the history at midnight every night so doesn't record the changes in the day. And these are changing more than once a day now.

Thanks for the link - I ll set a watch and see if I can catch it change mid day.

Maybe this is a thing they do now to try keep any low prices from the history that would prevent future sales - the new dji drone released this week (mavic air) may have given them need to clear some of their spark stocks.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    Thanks for the link - I ll set a watch and see if I can catch it change mid day.

Maybe this is a thing they do now to try keep any low prices from the history that would prevent future sales - the new dji drone released this week (mavic air) may have given them need to clear some of their spark stocks.

Not sure exactly how it works. I had a watch set on it and bought it before Christmas.
    I was very disappointed with the range so we sold it and will get something else, but I checked the email folder I got the alerts to and they are still coming so i thought I would share if it's any use to anyone else.
    Just don't pay over £500 for the flymore combo new or the €600 and €700 they are being advertised for even second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Not sure exactly how it works. I had a watch set on it and bought it before Christmas.
    I was very disappointed with the range so we sold it and will get something else, but I checked the email folder I got the alerts to and they are still coming so i thought I would share if it's any use to anyone else.
    Just don't pay over £500 for the flymore combo new or the €600 and €700 they are being advertised for even second hand.

you can unlock the range on the spark very simply in a few minutes with no risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJRMlHabawg

this gives you the same range as the US. normally it's hobbled in Europe due to nanny db signal output restrictions.

so you should 2km range in a clear area with that unlock.

glasso wrote: »
    you can unlock the range on the spark very simply in a few minutes with no risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJRMlHabawg

this gives you the same range as the US. normally it's hobbled in Europe due to nanny db signal output restrictions.

so you should 2km range in a clear area with that unlock.

I'm not a fan of hacking products tbh. Some day the have may not be available and then where are you.

it just changes one setting - it's not a complicated "hack". it will never be gone unless you update to the latest firmware.

the spark is a great drone with this range.

the mavic air looks good but is €850.

you can get the spark, an extra battery and the all-important controller for 500 now.

• Advertisement

it just changes one setting - it's not a complicated "hack". it will never be gone unless you update to the latest firmware.

the spark is a great drone with this range.

the mavic air looks good but is €850.

you can get the spark, an extra battery and the all-important controller for 500 now.

What firmware do you keep it at?

What firmware do you keep it at?

Watch the 5 min video I linked. You don't need to keep it at firmware really just use the Nov version of the app

Watch the 5 min video I linked. You don't need to keep it at firmware really just use the Nov version of the app

I would love to but bricked a device changing the firmware before and I would be terrified :)

I would love to but bricked a device changing the firmware before and I would be terrified :)

fair enough but this is a simple change where you won't brick it. it's changing a setting, not the firmware.
    you can see yourself from the video how easy it is to do.
    not sure what device you managed to brick before (phone maybe? - some android rom stuff can be annoyingly complex) but this is straightforward.
    transforms the drone to what it was designed to be - the EU restrictions make the range rubbish. all the dji products have the same EU enforced restrictions.
    so the range on the mavic air/pro/platinum for example would be crippled also.
    (even though it would be less apparent due to longer range on mavic pro and platinum. mavic air range is not hugely different to the spark)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Would this be better than the Xiaomi Mi Drone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Would this be better than the Xiaomi Mi Drone?

Very subjective.

From what I have seen though, i think theirs a heap more bang for your buck with the Xiaomi.

depends what you want and where and how you'd use it.

mi drone has better camera - 4k vs 1080p but that's not a huge issue imo unless you're into serious filmography.
    it also has much longer flight time compared to the spark. you need a second battery with the spark at the minimum.
    but it's a lot bigger and heavier.
    spark drone has more advanced features - obstacle avoidance, gestures and follow me control, more advanced app settings etc
    bigger drones attract more attention (often negative) if using in areas where there are other people.
    spark is smaller, looks like a toy drone and won't attraction as much attention but it's very capable.
    also if you want to travel with the drone the spark can fit in a small case whereas you'd need a bulky case for the mi drone.

But if anyone is interested in buying a new dji spark the Fly more combo Sparks are new from Amazon now £460.

Still not getting to that price point for me there -

this though might be of interest to some:

Tomtop are selling the DJI Spark (standalone - not the flymore combo)

for $399 or 330 Euros (edit: gone up now 339 euros)

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm7999w-us.html

“Roll it back”

The price of them is more volatile than Bitcoin :)

Just have to keep an eye. Second hand ones are more expensive than they are new, so don't buy the flymore even new for.more than £500 at the moment.

flly-more combo available on eglobal for €505. that's less that £460
    I bought the controller and an extra battery from them there and got it in less than a week.
    they bring in through europe so no issue with customs.
    warranty is with Dji for products globally.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/product/dji%20spark?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=dji%20spark

• Advertisement

that's from the china warehouse. you'd most likely get caught for customs charges. compared to eglobal for the combo (controller and extra battary are essential really) it's not even a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

flly-more combo available on eglobal for €505. that's less that £460
    I bought the controller and an extra battery from them there and got it in less than a week.
    they bring in through europe so no issue with customs.
    warranty is with Dji for products globally.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/product/dji%20spark?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=dji%20spark

What are eglobal like in general? Pretty reliable? Do they ship from the EU?

Advertisement