Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling

2»

Comments

Are the headphones good I just want a loud pair of Bluetooth headphones with noise canceling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sony mdr 1000x €219 at dublin airport.

Which is better these song headphones or beats studio 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

which.co.uk seems to say MDR-1000X (56%) is not anywhere near as good as the MDR-100ABN (78%)

1000x are the superior headphones in performance. Consumer reports are showing such a disparity because of the reported problem with the headband cracking on the 1000x.

1000x are the superior headphones in performance. Consumer reports are showing such a disparity because of the reported problem with the headband cracking on the 1000x.

What’s the difference between the 1000x & 1000xm2 are they worth the upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Not according to the review. No mention of issues with the headband. Which is a review site, not a consumer reporting site.

Not according to the review. No mention of issues with the headband. Which is a review site, not a consumer reporting site.

OK I have no idea what that site is but most reviews I have seen put them as the far superior headphones.

The widespread issues reported everywhere though put me right off.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1000x+headband+cracking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Plastics on mine broke within 10 days if that helps anyone looking at these.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

I've been looking at the Sony MDR-1000X & Sony 1000XM2 - the 1000x seem to be the better option in reviews for overall performance and not just price wise. My main use would be in work and the gym. The only negative to find is the plastic breaks quite easily which are mentioned above.

Anyone know if the M2 is more durable?

Klopp wrote: »
    I've been looking at the Sony MDR-1000X & Sony 1000XM2 - the 1000x seem to be the better option in reviews for overall performance and not just price wise. My main use would be in work and the gym. The only negative to find is the plastic breaks quite easily which are mentioned above.

Anyone know if the M2 is more durable?

Just read the two posts above your own?

• Advertisement

Just read the two posts above your own?

Why didn't i think of that before :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I have my mdr-1000x since September. No issues with build quality. Best headphones I've ever owned.

Great thank you. Hopefully there's a few more here who own a pair and can provide their feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Would also like to hear some feedback from owners here.

Will be flying out of Dublin in April, if I picked up a pair of the 1000X in the airport, and the plastic band breaks after some weeks/months of use, would I be entitled to a replacement set/refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mine seem sturdy enough so far since December but the audio drop out when on the move is annoying me.

sweetie wrote: »
    Mine seem sturdy enough so far since December but the audio drop out when on the move is annoying me.

Can you give more detail on what you're doing when it drops out?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

so its just ME who thinks that 300 quid for a pair of earphones is a little bit mad??

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

so its just ME who thinks that 300 quid for a pair of earphones is a little bit mad??

:D:D:D

You won't be investing in the Audeze LCD 4 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Klopp wrote:
    Can you give more detail on what you're doing when it drops out?

I mainly use them outside on the go, walking home, Dublin bikes, going for lunch etc. Had a jabra and plantronics before these and never happened on either in similar situations albeit on a moto g5 as opposed to a One plus 5 I got around the same time as the headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

I have had a pair for the past 9 or so months. They are excellent, extremely comfortable even while wearing them for 8 hours +. I don't exercise with them though, don't like the bulk of over ear headphones while exercising.
    Battery lasts for yonks too

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

bromley52 wrote: »

:D:D

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

That amount is easily pi$$ away on a night out or two. I've been there done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I've had mine for 10 months now. Still look and feel the same as when I got them. No sign of cracking or anything else. Can't fault them tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

bromley52 wrote: »

Vegan Earpads don't come cheap ya know.

440706.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

is that the new term for plastic?

Advertisement