Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500GB Toshiba Portable HDD €42.20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

What about the seagate ones in Easons only €28 posted earlier. I got one and they had a few left in Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

alanbk wrote: »
    What about the seagate ones in Easons only €28 posted earlier. I got one and they had a few left in Blanchardstown.

I guess for the small minority of people in the country who aren't within commuting distance of Blanchardstown.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

alanbk wrote: »

They sold out within an hour of opening the store. I got the last one in there on Thursday at €49. It was returned I think the guy said. They were €33 clearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Does this have a 2.5" SATA inside? Just wondering if it's possible to use it in a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

For those who prefer not to deal with pixmania, the same drive is on Amazon for the same price (with free super saver delivery). Spotted on HUKD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ordered it on Friday evening and received it at lunch time today. I find Pixmania to be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

steamboat wrote: »
    For those who prefer not to deal with pixmania, the same drive is on Amazon for the same price (with free super saver delivery). Spotted on HUKD

hi just looking at the link there can you tell me why it says free shipping then when you get to check out it goes up 3 /4 euro its my first time to shop on amazon :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

hi just looking at the link there can you tell me why it says free shipping then when you get to check out it goes up 3 /4 euro its my first time to shop on amazon :confused:

Presume that's the difference between UK & ROI VAT kicking in.

PS can anyone tell me if I could put movie files on this like vlc and the like and hook it straight to my TV .

http://www.pixmania.ie/2-5-inch-portable-external-hard-drive/transcend-storejet-25m3-portable-external-hard-drive-500-gb-black/07531079-a.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

PS can anyone tell me if I could put movie files on this like vlc and the like and hook it straight to my TV .

http://www.pixmania.ie/2-5-inch-portable-external-hard-drive/transcend-storejet-25m3-portable-external-hard-drive-500-gb-black/07531079-a.html
    That depends on if your TV can read and play movie files. Some smart TV's can.

• Advertisement

well I have a 42 inch Samsung and I watch movies on it from a usb stick .?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

well I have a 42 inch Samsung and I watch movies on it from a usb stick .?

I have that drive and it's loaded with movies & tv shows,no problem playing on my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Choose the Super Saver delivery option.

Brilliant I ordered it there ðŸ‘

Advertisement